Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 5:52:49 PM EDT
CAn anyone verify the 94' Crime Bill restrictions on semi-auto shotguns??

Is there a good web page ?

I'm curious if these guns fall into the same
"AW" bugaboo as far as pistol grips & what the magazine capacity resriction is (if any?) for a post ban Benelli with a conventional stock??

THX
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
To my understanding, a post ban Benelli can have any magazine capacity you can cram in it as long as it doesn't have one of those dangerous pistol grip stocks. If it dooes have th PG stock, mag capacity must be the short 5 round tube( which can go really damn fast in a 'nelli!) I don't know where you can verify this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
To my understanding, a post ban Benelli can have any magazine capacity you can cram in it as long as it doesn't have one of those dangerous pistol grip stocks. If it dooes have th PG stock, mag capacity must be the short 5 round tube( which can go really damn fast in a 'nelli!) I don't know where you can verify this.
View Quote

THX, basicly waht I'm thinking just wanting to confirm somehow.  Maybe I'll look up ATF on the web.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That is definitely the way the law reads--

Semi-auto shotguns cannot have one of the following--extended mag (more than 5 rounds), pistol grip.  I believe folding stocks (and possibly bayonette lugs) fall under the same "One evil feature" rule.  If they have more features, they become assault weapons.

Pre-bans are grandfathered.  

AFARR

You may want to go to www.subguns.com and check the "firearms laws" link--that probably covers it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is definitely the way the law reads--

Semi-auto shotguns cannot have one of the following--extended mag (more than 5 rounds), pistol grip.  

more features, they become assault weapons.

AFARR
View Quote

I assume you mean More than one of the "evil" features?    

THX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top