Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 1:18:53 PM EDT
Say I put an AR in the EE, and it sells to Ben Dover.  What is the legal way to ship it to him.  Do I have to take it to my FFL and have them ship it to Ben's FFL, or can I ship it directly to Ben's FFL.  And how the heck does a guy legally "mail" a firearm?  I called the local sherriff, but he seems to be pretty busy, cause I've been waiting for a while.  Any knowledge in this?  Is it a state thing, or the same nationwide?(with the exception of CA and like staters, I know)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You put it in a box, take it to the post office, insure it for whatever it's worth and mail it to Ben Dover's FFL.  If you and Ben Dover are in the same state, and the state allows private sale of firearms, you can mail it to him directly.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but they ask if there is anything "potentially harmful"  in the package.  Do firearms not apply?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, but they ask if there is anything "potentially harmful"  in the package.  Do firearms not apply?

As long as it's not loaded, it's not more harmful than a baseball bat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A non-FFL can not ship a handgun via USPS. You'll have to use FedEx or UPS if it's a handgun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No.

You've been given the correct answer already, proceed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm selling long guns only.  This has been very helpful.  Thanks everyone!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top