Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 1:01:06 PM EDT
I'm attempting to help a friend. He set a password on his router and does not remember what it was. Is there a way to reset the router's username and password as if the router was out-of-box? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:13:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By snake_eyes:
I'm attempting to help a friend. He set a password on his router and does not remember what it was. Is there a way to reset the router's username and password as if the router was out-of-box? Thanks in advance.

Mine has a button that resets everything to its default value, including username and password. Maybe you could tell us manufacturer and model number - would be a big help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:18:04 PM EDT
Usually there is a hole on the bottom or back that you stick a paperclip in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:57:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:22:20 PM EDT
very easy to do on any brand(they already posted how to do it above). some older netgears required a telnet and a serial cable
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:09:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock918:
and hold for 30 seconds. What brand and model? Most of the manufactures no have on line manuals. Might as well update the firmware while you in there.

if its a linksys
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:26:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By badroc:

Originally Posted By Glock918:
and hold for 30 seconds. What brand and model? Most of the manufactures no have on line manuals. Might as well update the firmware while you in there.

if its a linksys

It is in fact a Linksys. Unfortunately, I do not know the model though. I have one very much like it and it is a WRT54GS vers. 6. Although it is not in use at the moment.
Top Top