Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 12:09:44 PM EDT
"Without audits that allow the FBI to keep records of approved sales for at least 90 days, felons, wife beaters and the mentally disturbed will have increased access to firearms," said Mathew Nosanchuk, VPC litigation director.

and baseball bats, knives, pipes, rocks, razors.....   what a bunch of morons.  oh yeah I almost forgot BATHTUBS!!!!

----------------------------------------------
By Sue Pleming
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A leading senator said on Friday he would introduce legislation to reverse a Justice Department proposal to purge FBI records on gun sales within one business day instead of the current 180 days.

Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer from New York said he would introduce a bill when Congress returns from the July 4 recess requiring that records on gun sales be kept for at least 90 days, the minimum time proposed by the Clinton administration.

A House of Representatives version of the bill will be introduced at the same time.

"This ruling is four steps backward. This is one of the worst things I have seen done in the area of legitimate enforcement of gun laws in a decade," Schumer told a news conference.

Attorney General John Ashcroft angered gun control groups on Thursday by announcing that due to privacy concerns, he planned to slash to just one day the length of time the FBI should keep records on background checks for gun buyers.

Ashcroft argued that audits of these records could be done instantaneously but Schumer said the decision would hamper gun prosecutions, encourage fraud in background check applications for weapons and make it easier for criminals to get guns.

"Gun dealers and criminals are the only Americans who will benefit from Attorney Ashcroft's decision to destroy essential NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check Systems) records," Schumer said.

The NICS system electronically checks FBI records while gun buyers are waiting to buy their weapons. Felons, drug users and people with domestic violence restraining orders are among those not allowed to buy guns.

SCHUMER PROPOSES OVERSIGHT HEARINGS

Schumer said his Senate Judiciary subcommittee may hold oversight hearings "to determine why the Department of Justice decided to make this unwise decision now", adding that he was hopeful some moderate Republicans would back his bill.

Gun control group, the Violence Policy Center, endorsed Schumer's proposed legislation and said it would "undo the serious damage" inflicted by Ashcroft on the 1994 Brady Law, under which the NICS was introduced.

"Without audits that allow the FBI to keep records of approved sales for at least 90 days, felons, wife beaters and the mentally disturbed will have increased access to firearms," said Mathew Nosanchuk, VPC litigation director.

Another lobbying group, Americans for Gun Safety, said it was "baffled" by Ashcroft's announcement and that this went against promises he made to crack down on gun criminals.

"Rather than moving toward increased accountability, the Attorney General has taken a step that will undermine law enforcement in their fight to keep criminals from getting guns," said AGS president Jonathan Cowan.

Cowan said corrupt gun dealers were a major source of black market guns and FBI audits helped lead them to these dishonest dealers.

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't Schumer due for a stroke, or maybe colon cancer? I know it's not Christian to wish that on anyone, but that guy pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand that Chucky is really afraid that a .50BMG round can punch through a standard "armored" limosine.  

I have to wonder why.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Matt, don't worry about that, the Angel of Death is one of my people, I will see him on the 4th,
See what I can do fo you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
i emailed my thanks to AG Ashcroft, and emailed all of my reps and the prez to let them know that i agree with his decision and want them to support him also.

everyone else emailed a big thanks yet?

you know the anti's are burning up the net to voice their opinion..........
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The SCUMBAGS in the FBI need to be put out of work, and the LEO's need to be disarmed, with the arms being transferred to the people themselves to use as militia arms!

The talk about currupt gun dealers selling guns to criminals is distracting from the fact that guns seized from criminals in the street by LEO types, with the one they seized the gun from never being arrested, even average citizens arms are seized and never entered into record! They find their way back into the street in the hands of criminals or the LEO's friends, and the LEO's profit from it. There was an investigative report here in Florida on this issue not too long ago showing a deputy sheriff selling guns out of the trunk of a patrol car, while on duty. The propaganda wing of the tyrannical state will not report the truth relating to this ongoing problem, surely you do not wonder way, do you now?

There is a case in Palm Beach Florida where a man was arrested for failure to use his turn signal, but only after the LEO's saw this man had four firearms in his auto (he had them lawfully) the charges they filed against him were all bogus. This man was released, and the SCUMBAG Sheriffs Department states no weapons were seized even though the news stories and reports make note of the types of weapons and that the Sheriffs Department seized them. The weapons were a preban AR-15, pre-ban Mini-14, and two pistols, and surely as I write this post, these guns more likely than not, have been sold to criminals in the street by the SCUM who seized them, then claimed they didn't!

So much for law and order in AMERIKA!

TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The SCUMBAGS in the FBI need to be put out of work, and the LEO's need to be disarmed, with the arms being transferred to the people themselves to use as militia arms!

The talk about currupt gun dealers selling guns to criminals is distracting from the fact that guns seized from criminals in the street by LEO types, with the one they seized the gun from never being arrested, even average citizens arms are seized and never entered into record! They find their way back into the street in the hands of criminals or the LEO's friends, and the LEO's profit from it. There was an investigative report here in Florida on this issue not too long ago showing a deputy sheriff selling guns out of the trunk of a patrol car, while on duty. The propaganda wing of the tyrannical state will not report the truth relating to this ongoing problem, surely you do not wonder way, do you now?

There is a case in Palm Beach Florida where a man was arrested for failure to use his turn signal, but only after the LEO's saw this man had four firearms in his auto (he had them lawfully) the charges they filed against him were all bogus. This man was released, and the SCUMBAG Sheriffs Department states no weapons were seized even though the news stories and reports make note of the types of weapons and that the Sheriffs Department seized them. The weapons were a preban AR-15, pre-ban Mini-14, and two pistols, and surely as I write this post, these guns more likely than not, have been sold to criminals in the street by the SCUM who seized them, then claimed they didn't!

So much for law and order in AMERIKA!

TYRANNOCTUNUS
View Quote

[url]http://www.prozactruth.com/prozaceffects.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top