Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 4:00:03 AM EDT
I'm looking to upgrade the oldest piece of hardware I have... my speakers! I have had these creative labs speakers since I joined the military and they have survived through three computer upgrades and four monitors... now I want a set that are small and pretty much Hideaway so that they dont have to either sit behind the monitors and sound muffled, or sit in front of them and get in the F@#$ way.

help me ARFCOM, you are my usual best hope!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
You should go to one of the stores that has a bank of them, with buttons to listen to.

Speakers are one of those things that is heavily influenced by your personal tastes and perception of sound.

I really like Yamaha computer speakers, with Altec Lansing a close second.  Some people don't like them.

Then, once you decided on a model or brand series, buy online.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You should go to one of the stores that has a bank of them, with buttons to listen to.

Speakers are one of those things that is heavily influenced by your personal tastes and perception of sound.

I really like Yamaha computer speakers, with Altec Lansing a close second.  Some people don't like them.

Then, once you decided on a model or brand series, buy online.

there is only one computer store out here and it doesn't have anything I am interested in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there is only one computer store out here and it doesn't have anything I am interested in.

You're in Japan with only one computer store?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're in Japan with only one computer store?

LMAO, Ironic I know, but I'm in Okinawa... the red-headed step-child to Mainland.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm looking to upgrade the oldest piece of hardware I have... my speakers! I have had these creative labs speakers since I joined the military and they have survived through three computer upgrades and four monitors... now I want a set that are small and pretty much Hideaway so that they dont have to either sit behind the monitors and sound muffled, or sit in front of them and get in the F@#$ way.

help me ARFCOM, you are my usual best hope!

Get a set of these.  They are really small.  But they sound much bigger then their size.  The quality is excellent.

I have a set and I use them all the time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836574001

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top