Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 2:45:57 PM EDT
I just bought a bigger house than the one I have now so I kind of got a feel for how hot the real estate market is here in Vegas.

However,  I bought a house that needs the flooring redone and the interior repainted so I wasn't in a multi-offer situation when I decided to put my offer in.

Now,  I put my house on the market on sunday and I already have 6 offers on the table.

But wait,  it gets better,  3 of the offers are all 5-6k dollars OVER LIST PRICE.

I didn't even indicate that these people should offer over list.

Now here is the kicker,  being that we had so many good offers we decided to counter all three offers with some crazy shit.....

a) if the house doesn't appraise for your offer price,  you are responsible for the difference in cash.

b) after the 10 day due diligence period,  the $3k earnest money deposit will be realesed to seller,  it will be deemed non refundable at that point.

Would you guys believe these counters went out about an hour ago and we already have one returned,  signed as is???

This flippin' crazy man,  people are jumping though some serious flaming hoops to buy a house right now,  it's cool for me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup... been there done that.  Got a little hosed by my realtor (didn't do as well as I could have) but still got 2 grand more than the place was worth.  

Did you buy in a new development?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Vegas is one of the fastest growing cities.  Still much cheaper than either coast. A friends family just bought two houses there. A vacation home and a rental property.  Both properties cost less combined than a small condo does in So Cal.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
And you could make more by avoiding the use of a realtor. How much are ya paying them/him/her? 6%?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And you could make more by avoiding the use of a realtor. How much are ya paying them/him/her? 6%?
View Quote

No,  not 6%,  a full 3 percent to the buyer's agent and 1.5% to my listing agent.

Gunbert,  it is a 6 year old home near Anne and Torey Pines.

It is bad ass,  a single story that is  2300 square feet.

We fell in love with it because it is one story and only has 3 bedrooms,  so the rooms are all big.  

I saw so many home that were 1800 square feet with 4 bedrooms crammed in.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top