Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 9:50:36 AM EDT
I am looking for any information, purely out of curiosity, regarding the circumstances leading to any arrests on the 1994 AW ban.  I am wondering how the ATF came into contact with the person, what brought their attention to check his/her serial numbers(if that happened), what the charges were, etc.

Anyone got anything on this?

Ronnie
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The owners of a California gunstore in the bay area were busted for selling Postban Ruger 10/22's and folding stocks in the same transaction. Only federal AW ban prosecution i know of.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Here in the 4th Circuit I have seen cases involving configuration violations.  However, they were secondary to multi-count drug conspiracy cases (that went back sometimes 8 years!) and were chump change.  Always plead down or straight out.  I have yet to see a case based on a 922 violation alone, however, don't ever count on odds- keep it legal.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
(1) Send a Freedom of Information Act Request to the ATF, naming this guy by name, asking for all information relating to him. (should be 5-10 bucks)
(2) Call your local federal courthouse with his name, get the case number, and then order a copy of the court file. (should be 25-50 bucks)Will take a few weeks if the file is more than 4 or 5 years old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top