Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

These things are pretty sweet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't wait for the 45 LC load so I can use them in my Taurus Judge.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does this do on penetrating clothing?

It looks at first glance like it would have more difficulty getting through heavy clothing than a standard hollow point.

And..isn't this just a Black Talon round with a few more "petals"?
View Quote

They want you to believe each petal in centripetal action creates a saw effect......seemed to work on a water balloon I guess
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Must be good stuff. The guy in the video uses the Operator Whisper

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

These things are pretty sweet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It looks at first glance like it would have more difficulty getting through heavy clothing than a standard hollow point.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

all know  barriers. Clothing should be no problem, hell it would probably lay waste to chuck norris leather and i'm sure three inches of titanium covered in a thin layer of kryptonite would be no problem either
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]

I see congress jumping all over this ... Seems very (Familiar)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Seems like a prosecuting attorney's wet dream
View Quote
I wouldn't carry that shit and I live in the Gunshine State.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#10]
No thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Trocar bro's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wouldn't wanna get shot with that, that's for sure
View Quote

If I had to pick between a 9mm gold dot, a 9mm FMJ, a 9mm RIP, or a 22lr:

I'd pick the 9mm RIP.  I know it's pretty unlikely to kill me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty happy with my ammo selection but if you're into the firearms business you should really look into making some sort of a mount or riser that would bring the optic up farther away from the bore so I don't have to hunch down and strain to use it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm pretty happy with my ammo selection but if you're into the firearms business you should really look into making some sort of a mount or riser that would bring the optic up farther away from the bore so I don't have to hunch down and strain to use it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/mordifie/media/Modsatwork.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/mordifie/Modsatwork.jpg</a>
View Quote

some just want so bad to disengage discussion of anything to the new industry
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I want some of that ammo from "Riddick"
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy hell this thread hasn't been locked yet?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is Jesse Jackson going to come out and say it was made to kill black people?
View Quote

Probably.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Someone buy it and send to box of truth.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Stan? Is that you?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

this
from another thread

<SNIP>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that real ballistic gelatin?  It looks thinner.  The pieces that break off have no penetration.  The single piece that penetrates deeper doesn't expand.  Explain to me why this round is better than 9mm FMJ?  It has a smaller diameter than 9mm so will do even less damage than. 9mm FMJ.  Pure gimmick and I would strongly recommend staying away from it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

this
from another thread

Quoted:
That looks more like Perma-Gel than calibrated BG to me...

<SNIP>

Thank you.  So we don't even know if it reaches the 10 to 12" of recommended penetration in calibrated ballistic gelatin.  Pass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Awesome gif!

Aren't solid copper handgun bullets a no-no?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

since when?....

http://www.midwayusa.com/brand/copper-only-projectiles-cop
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#27]
That has got to be illegal
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Didn't see any of the blocks having a bb track, to check calibration...

But I'm sure the ammo will be more than adequate to put down the violent overthrow that is currently being plotted by watermelons everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank you.  So we don't even know if it reaches the 10 to 12" of recommended penetration in calibrated ballistic gelatin.  Pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that real ballistic gelatin?  It looks thinner.  The pieces that break off have no penetration.  The single piece that penetrates deeper doesn't expand.  Explain to me why this round is better than 9mm FMJ?  It has a smaller diameter than 9mm so will do even less damage than. 9mm FMJ.  Pure gimmick and I would strongly recommend staying away from it.

this
from another thread

Quoted:

<SNIP>

Yeah, they state 16" but I'm sure that's bogus. I actually think there may be merit with shedding the petals as secondary projectiles but breaking out 8 may be too small for any meaningful penetration, even if it's not 12". 4 might work.

As a rule, I am skeptical of any ammo company that reach when using technical terms like  "center of mass" "acoustic wave" "predictable vectors" to obfuscate bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, they state 16" but I'm sure that's bogus. I actually think there may be merit with shedding the petals as secondary projectiles but breaking out 8 may be too small for any meaningful penetration, even if it's not 12". 4 might work.

As a rule, I am skeptical of any ammo company that reach when using technical terms like  "center of mass" "acoustic wave" "predictable vectors" to obfuscate bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
from another thread

Quoted:

<SNIP>

It sounds like they dance around any terms or metrics of legitimate measurement of performance.  "But hey we have cool videos!"    Extreme Shock anyone?

The supposed blog writing about this ammo is shilling for it more than the videos......"G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm and has gun owners all over the country trying to find where to pick some up."   Hahahahahah.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/421scope01.jpg

Swing and a miss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

GREAT QUESTION!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

Solid copper is fine.   Solid brass is a no go as it would be AP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This site has a history of shills. Basically, people with low post counts making posts about gimmicky new gun stuff and asking for opinions all the while basically providing free advertisement for the new product. Typically, the person making the post is tied to the company in someway. Do a search for Anderson Manufacturing's AR15 "top of the line".

Cliffnotes: you're being (passive aggressively) accused of being a shill for Liberty Defense. We eat our own here. Sometimes it's justified. Mostly it's not.

FIFMyself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I missing something here ?

This site has a history of shills. Basically, people with low post counts making posts about gimmicky new gun stuff and asking for opinions all the while basically providing free advertisement for the new product. Typically, the person making the post is tied to the company in someway. Do a search for Anderson Manufacturing's AR15 "top of the line".

Cliffnotes: you're being (passive aggressively) accused of being a shill for Liberty Defense. We eat our own here. Sometimes it's justified. Mostly it's not.

FIFMyself

You sure do seem to have this site figured out.

Pretty impressive for the join date.

Familiar?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a 12 inch blubberbelt protecting all of your vital organs?     Because, the idea of multiple brass darts radiating through my midsection, seems less appealing than a single .22
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Im not a familiar or trying to advertise for any company. I just have never seen those before and thought they were interesting. If I would have said " look at these stupied shitty bullets that these people arr trying to make cool that obviously dont work well at all" then you guys wouldn't have accused me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuck it. I'm in
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do you have a 12 inch blubberbelt protecting all of your vital organs?     Because, the idea of multiple brass darts radiating through my midsection, seems less appealing than a single .22
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking at the gel, which is almost certainly not calibrated, none of those little pieces went more than a few inches deep.  In real ballistic gel, I bet they don't perform an better than birdshot.  So, yeah, a .22 is more dangerous.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wonder how those bullets would do at very high velocities like in a .357 Sig carbine or something.  Over-expansion isn't an issue.
View Quote

Hell.. It may break up when it hits atmosphere right outside of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Low post count member promoting a sketchy product ...........   Shocking!!!!!  

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Im not a familiar or trying to advertise for any company. I just have never seen those before and thought they were interesting. If I would have said " look at these stupied shitty bullets that these people arr trying to make cool that obviously dont work well at all" then you guys wouldn't have accused me.
View Quote

You've got to have pretty thick skin around here my friend.

Also. You should get this for your avatar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nqFEc0c.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nqFEc0c.gif

If he wants a good avatar he should pay and get one from me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree. Protect yourself with this and you're the bad guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
from another thread

Quoted:

<SNIP>

Actually its Clear Ballistic gel. its on par with calibrated ordnance gel. As for the bullet design its just a pin grabber mod to the old Lehigh subsonic. Nothing new..

BTW is there any of you that can do the cool operator voice and has the beard but no hair taciticool look to ya. I need a spokes model..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

copper HP is Ok.. Brass is no go..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#49]
did I get in??

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my initial take-away.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top