Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 11:50:40 PM EDT

why are they not putting up a better fight..

this would be akin to the government, saying everyone you state..or locale had to move..under physical force.

it doesnt seem right that the jewish people would give up their country???

talk amongst yourselves...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
they probably dont want to be slaughtered by their own countrymen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Their government gave them homesteads on other peoples property.  They are going to end up living in homes they illegally built on stolen property in a foreign country.  How well do you think they will do after their government disarms and abandons them in Palestine.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
this would be akin to the government, saying everyone you state..or locale had to move..under physical force.

It would be more the gov't telling me to leave my farm...in Canada. (And come back to the US.)

Israel screwed the pooch with the territories. They should have flat out annexed them all those years ago. There was simply no way for this screwy 'psuedo annexation' to ever have lasted.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe extremists on both sides should be killed Let the moderates on both sides work it out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I've heard an intersting theory about this. Israel pulls out all their settlers and by defacto helps create the nation of Palestine. That's bad you say. Depends on your point of view. Under international conventions like the Geneva Convention there are limits to how Israel can deal with the Palestinian terrorists because Israel is occupying part of the territory claimed as Palestine (as an occupying power Israel has certain obligations it's expected to abide by).

Israel pulls out and is no longer an occupying power, therefore it is no longer required to meet those obligations. If the terrorists want to continue their attacks, Israel will have the freedom to respond to them as full blown acts of war. Some terrorists fire a couple of rockets or mortar rounds into Israel, the Israelis get to respond with an all out artillery barrage if they feel justified.  

The Palestinians better be careful what they wish for, they might just get it, and it might turn out to be something entirely different to what they were expecting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top