Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 7:12:47 PM EDT
CPU: Pentium 4 3.2GHz, 1mb Cache, 800FSB.
Motherboard: Intel d865PERL
Hard Drive:80GB Seagate SATA HDD.
RAM: 4Gigs of DDR RAM!!!
Video Card: GeForce 5950 ULTRA 256MB AGP over clock GPU video card.
CDROM: Sony DVDRW
FDD: Standard Floppy drive

I am looking at possible getting a computer with these specs. I assume it would be  a good set up for COD4 ect...... What are your thoughts guys and or gals
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You would definitely need a new video card, that thing won't cut it at all

-d
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ok what would you recommend. I might be able to get it for $280 shipped
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the dell small business systems. You can get a cheap one with XP that will have PCI-E and ddr2. get it bare bones and upgrade the video card and ram... all you need it 2gb ram.... but the more you have the smoother things will run... ddr ram will not do much for you, the clock rate is far below your motherboards perfomance ability. You will always have a bottleneck somewhere in hardware, but you can move it around. 4 most important things are disk I/O, ram speed, CPU and GPU...for gaming at least
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ok what would you recommend. I might be able to get it for $280 shipped

That computer is somewhat limited because it is using an AGP slot, as opposed to a PCIe slot. The best you can probably get is a 6200, and that isn't jumping up that much.

-d
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok. thanks for the info, I guess I will pass on it then.

Could you guys spec me a system in the range of $800 or so it would be for gaming mainly and internet surfing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top