Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 6:10:26 PM EDT
I've been looking online but can't find an answer, how does aluminum arrow sizing work?  For instance a 2214, is the first two numbers the diameter in 64'ths and the second two numbers the wall thickness in thousanth's?  It seems like that's what it is but it's been years sense I've been into archery.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
That's it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  That was quick!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup.  What are you shooting them out of?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm actually trying to figure out the exact size to cut vinyl arrow wraps.

My last bow was a Hoyt enticer carbonite, blue and chrome (target bow)  and I was using 3-39 ACC's with glue in nibs. 68 lbs draw weight with a total arrow weight of around 360 grains, they did move!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My last bow was a Hoyt enticer carbonite, blue and chrome (target bow)  and I was using 3-39 ACC's with glue in nibs. 68 lbs draw weight with a total arrow weight of around 360 grains, they did move!!!

Dam!  That thing have curb feelers and a sun roof too?  I went the other direction and shoot a recurve and cedar shafts.  My next downgrade will be a Bois de Arc longbow, cedar or hickory shafts and knapped arrowheads.

Good luck with your bow!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dam!  That thing have curb feelers and a sun roof too?  I went the other direction and shoot a recurve and cedar shafts.  My next downgrade will be a Bois de Arc longbow, cedar or hickory shafts and knapped arrowheads.

Good luck with your bow!

It's a real arrow launching machine  When I was shooting 3D, my theory was "If I can't beat 'em, I'll blind 'em"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top