Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 11:35:42 AM EDT
there's this girl who i hit on the other day who said she's not single.  i got the vibe that she wants the infernostyle though... how long do i wait before i go back (she's a waitress @ a place i like-not a bar or strip bar)  and try again?  i've never had such a positive response while being turned down before.

anywho, me thinks about going back in a week or two and trying again.  i already know what i'm going to say.  

my buddies wife said to go back in a couple days, but i think that's too soon...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
there's this girl who i hit on the other day who said she's not single.  i got the vibe that she wants the infernostyle though... how long do i wait before i go back (she's a waitress @ a place i like-not a bar or strip bar)  and try again?  i've never had such a positive response while being turned down before.

anywho, me thinks about going back in a week or two and trying again.  i already know what i'm going to say.  

my buddies wife said to go back in a couple days, but i think that's too soon...

She wants a bigger tip.  If you go back don't pay attention to her.  If she is interested she will bring it up with you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She wants a bigger tip.  If you go back don't pay attention to her.  If she is interested she will bring it up with you.

+1.

So, I guess the women's forum is now completely overran by men, looking for their sensitive side, huh?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

So, I guess the women's forum is now completely overran by men, looking for their sensitive side, huh?

If it helps I always type with my girl voice turned on when in here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
i didn't even think of that angle.  i'm not sure that's what was going on though...  i'll give it another week and see how she acts towards me.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
he who cares the least , wins.

J
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
So.....you hit on her.....she mentioned she was not single......and you still plan to pursue her....

Hmmmmmmm...

It's difficult to give an opinion on something based on somebody else's perception, but I'm not sure it will matter how many days you wait, since she already stated that she is not single, she will probably just be annoyed if/when you hit on her again.

I agree with the statement to ignore her if you do go back and see what happens...

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not Single

What more needs to be said. She isn't single, so if she comes on to you, she is then cheating on the person she is "not single" with.
Even if things worked out that she left this other person, whats to say she wouldn't do the same to you?

I say ignore her, even if she comes on to you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
She wants you to battle it out with another guy over her?

Move on.  Attention whores are not what you need.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not Single

What more needs to be said. She isn't single, so if she comes on to you, she is then cheating on the person she is "not single" with.
Even if things worked out that she left this other person, whats to say she wouldn't do the same to you?

I say ignore her, even if she comes on to you.

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER, THANKS FOR PLAYING, FOLKS

sorry to shout--not sure if youd hear it otherwise  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Usually if a girl, or guy, makes a point in telling you they are not single they are indicating in a polite way that they are not interested. If I do get hit on I am always really nice about letting the interested party  know I am married. I mean, no need to be rude. I just take it as a compliment and end of story. Now if they showed up the next week sniffing around then I might toss them into the "creepy" category.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
If she isn't single, leave her alone.  I agree that she was probably just being nice because she wasn't single.  It's a polite way of rejecting a guy.  And being nice is not going to hurt her tips either.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
i guess i'll back off then.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i guess i'll back off then.

Look at it this way, if she says she is not single, but starts seeing you, one day she could be telling some guy she is not single but start seeing him anyway behind your back. Maybe she will be single in the future.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude, why do you want to hit on some other guy's woman?

If she's just dating somebody else, and will do you on the side she's a skank. If she's married and she'll do you on the side she's a skank.

If she's dating or married and you'll be her back door man you're a skank.

Leave her alone, you know there is stuff out there now that Comet wont take off your pecker....right....you die from that stuff nowdays......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#15]
i guess you didn't see my last post.  i'll back off then.  i'm not going to pursue her.  maybe i'll wait a few weeks or a month before i go back there but i'm not going to bug her.   i'm new to this shit again, i just got out of a 5yr relationship a few months ago.  you never know how serious people are anyway, she asked me some questions about myself..i figured if she wasn't interested than she wouldn't have said anything.  

so yeah, i'm not trying to steel some dudes girl.  but she did show some signs of interest in me.  

Quoted:
Dude, why do you want to hit on some other guy's woman?

If she's just dating somebody else, and will do you on the side she's a skank. If she's married and she'll do you on the side she's a skank.

If she's dating or married and you'll be her back door man you're a skank.

Leave her alone, you know there is stuff out there now that Comet wont take off your pecker....right....you die from that stuff nowdays......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top