Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 5:18:27 PM EDT

my grandpa died last week and his funeral was yesterday.  just waondering why it is a 21 gun salute?  why 21?  he was a bombardier (b17 and b24) in the pacific campaign in ww2.  the vfw guys had  some really nice m1 garands too...do they have laminated stocks cuz one of them looked like it had one?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to here about your Grandpa. The M1 you saw could have had the stock replaced with a laminated one. Sometimes the guys from the VFW use their own weapons. For the life of me I can't remember why it is 21 guns. I know someone here will be able to give you the answer and help refresh my memory.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blgunsalute.htm[/url]

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top