Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:53:29 PM EST
In the market can buy military packaging MRE? how much money?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:55:30 PM EST
$65 per 12 at my local rip you off store.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:55:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:56:33 PM EST
ebay.com
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:58:16 PM EST
I smell a FOB
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:03:28 PM EST
b

Originally Posted By tiengulden:
In the market can buy military packaging MRE? how much money?

As stated, they go for about 60-70 $US per case of 12 meals. Not sure how much it would cost to ship it to China. What kind of food does the Peoples Liberation Army have for it's troops in the field?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:04:42 PM EST
Why buy that crap? I'm using a case of them for a foot rest right now. Stop by and you can have them for free.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By Recon_by_Fire:
Why buy that crap? I'm using a case of them for a foot rest right now. Stop by and you can have them for free.

The price of a round trip plane ticket from China to TX just for a case of MRE’s?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:44 PM EST
Some want to taste the food to the US military.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:11:39 PM EST

You can always enlist IN the US military to do that. And yes, I know you are in China.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:14:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 6:14:28 PM EST by Miracle_Pants]

It tastes like what you would expect military food to taste like.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:16:26 PM EST

I am of the opinion that within my lifetime, each shall have the opportunity taste the others MRE's.
Wish / want not, for it may come true.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By AILapua:

I am of the opinion that within my lifetime, each shall have the opportunity taste the others MRE's.

China has MREs??? I thought they just got Ramen noodles and soup cups?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:21 PM EST

Does the people's liberation army have a version of the MRE?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:23:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

Ummm, errr... JhP, I never stated I was looking forward to the opportunity, only that I do believe it shall come to pass.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:28:18 PM EST

Thats all well and good, but eat too many of them, and you are gonna gave an exciting time on the shitter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:31:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

Ummm, errr... JhP, I never stated I was looking forward to the opportunity, only that I do believe it shall come to pass.

lol.......me too unfortunately......
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:37:19 PM EST
Send me an Instant Mesage if you know how, I will send you one. I need your address.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:02:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 7:05:02 PM EST by tiengulden]

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:
Send me an Instant Mesage if you know how, I will send you one. I need your address.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:04:51 PM EST

Dont send the country chicken.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:15:37 PM EST

Thanks,

Also, Tiengulden, keep in mind that some of the meals are pretty good, and some are not so well liked. The military tries to rotate new meals into the cases to keep the troops happy, but you probably know how hard it is to please everyone. They are also made to suit US tastes, and may not appeal to you. But good luck anyways.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:29:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 5:11:26 AM EST by tiengulden]
delete
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:44:08 PM EST
Good pictures. Any idea as to what the contents are? I imagine some sort of rice-based dishes, but it's hard to identify what's in them.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:29:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 5:11:47 AM EST by tiengulden]
delete
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:30:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tanam:

Dont send the country chicken.

Send the cardboard burrito
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:05:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 4:07:13 AM EST by billclo]

Since all foods named individual food hot field, divided into three meals spectral
A : Since the hot chopped meat fried noodle, pork fried noodle mushrooms from heat, incense Lajiang. This taste for the Northern soldiers.
B : Since the hot vegetarian fried rice, chopped diced meat fried rice from the heat and incense Lajiang. This taste for the South soldiers.
C : Since the hot white rice, fried pork from heat, 90 compressed dry, incense Lajiang. Little that is certainly her age.

I hope they issue more than 3 flavors (one for Northern soldiers, and one for Southern). That would become very tiresome rather quickly. The US MREs have 24 different flavors, so it is somewhat easier to eat them long term. The troops still complain though.

I have eaten some and while they are generally okay, I would not like to have to eat them for weeks at a time. I have also tried the older meals from the 1980s/early 1990s, and the newer meals are far superior, although I do miss some of the older flavors. Some were very good indeed.

I have actually sent food to some troops in Iraq to help relieve the food boredom and remind them of home.

Let us know what you think of the meal Stove Pipe sends you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:36:19 AM EST
I'll exchange with you, a ration for a ration...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:05:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
I'll exchange with you, a ration for a ration...

We only three menu.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:33:42 AM EST
I served in the U.S. ARMY 1985-1989 .. I had the first Generation MRE's. They was rough. But after you been liveing in the woods for a week or two the pork patty and beef patty became very good.
Your three food pouches look very good and tasty. Glad you you posted. WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:00:20 AM EST
If you can send one, I'll swap you one of ours for one of yours. If your government frowns on that sort of thing, IM me your address and I'll send you one of ours.

We have 24 different meals, all of them taste like crap. But they provide all of the basics and plenty of calories. They are also a cure for diarrhea.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:05:16 PM EST
I do not have enough money to China MRE sent to everyone.
If you need, I can buy some and then sent to you a personal, and then distributed to everyone he could.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:15:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 5:12:21 AM EST by tiengulden]
You do not understand their method!
They may let you live, but compared to dies also uncomfortably!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:19:43 PM EST
Damn that looks like a USA mre package except for the writing.

What do the contents look like?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:25:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Wash-Ar15:

Frankly, I did not taste too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:10:47 AM EST

Probably stolen like the rest of our technology. Did you see their version of the humvee? Spitting image of ours almost.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:54:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Probably stolen like the rest of our technology. Did you see their version of the humvee? Spitting image of ours almost.

Why waste time on R+D when you can copy the original?

TXL
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:31:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:49:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
i am sorry but MRE's are on the restricted for exportation list.

Shipping of MRE's to other countries could be considered an act of war by the recieving countries.

MRE's have been placed on the Weapons of Mass Colonic Destruction by the United Nations Security Council and are now highly regulated.

IED = Intestinal Expansion Device

hahahahaha

pretty cool though. mre's as a tool of cultural exchange! who'da thunk it!!!???
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:47:08 AM EST
I think Tiengulden is offering to send a quantity to one person, and that the person recieving them can distribute them to other people here wanting to get in on the group swap. I'll volunteer to be the organiser if interest is still there..
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:46:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

In fact, this is designed in accordance with MRE.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:53:58 PM EST

I think Tiengulden is offering to send a quantity to one person, and that the person recieving them can distribute them to other people here wanting to get in on the group swap. I'll volunteer to be the organiser if interest is still there..

Im willing to trade one for one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:54:16 PM EST

Shipping of MRE's to other countries could be considered an act of war by the recieving countries.
MRE's have been placed on the Weapons of Mass Colonic Destruction by the United Nations Security Council and are now highly regulated.

Now I do not know whether things sent to the United States. I do not know whether to allow US Customs import such food, I know that the US has strict food control laws.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:56:59 PM EST
We sell the things on the local market is small.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:25:20 PM EST

Now I do not know whether things sent to the United States. I do not know whether to allow US Customs import such food, I know that the US has strict food control laws.

I doubt there is a problem since it is not a commercial import and all the food items are sealed or cooked (no raw food).

I sometimes wish that food import wasn't so tightly controlled--if military surplus foods could be imported commerically we could collect those in addition to foreign guns and ammo.

It might actually be possible to commercially import Chinese Army MREs if they were made in special runs for the US market. My local Asian store is full of various canned foods, noodles, candy, tea from China (mushrooms and oysters are mostly what I buy).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:02:28 PM EST
You ways to foreign posting parcels?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:56:31 PM EST
Mail addresses of individuals from the personal address food, no access to the FDA application number.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:55:48 AM EST
???
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:36:26 PM EST

???

Food imports in the United States must be FDA approved.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:59:54 PM EST

???

Food imports in the United States must be FDA approved.

Again, this should not be a problem if they are sent as a "gift". For example you could mail cookies to your relatives in the USA, and there should be no problem. The worst thing that could happen is Customs would throw out the food, but it's very unlikely.

I have brought in food from overseas numerous times on airplanes. I just let the USDA inspector know what I have and it's never a problem.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:29:22 AM EST
I don't think it would be a problem, and the money is not significant enough to worry me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top