Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/19/2002 5:39:43 AM EST
I am thinking of pruchasing a gun (rifle) about 2 hours away in Mass. (I'm in N.Y.). i asked if i could pick it up in person. he replied "The only way you could pick this up at the shop is if you have a N.Y. License to Carry with an expiration date" Is he talking about a handgun permit (which i do have, but it does not have an exiration date)if this is some other special permit what is it and what is the normal charge ? Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:55:26 AM EST
Since MA FIDs and LTCs have expiration dates, he probably assumes that all states permits do. I know of no other permit that would help you. The guy is probably paranoid (they are out to get MA FFLs).
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:05:27 AM EST
Thanks, i was thinking there might be some permit to transport said weapon from point a to point b during a specific time frame.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:07:48 AM EST
Before you try this make sure to check with Mass State police firearms branch. I think there are exemptions for traveling through Mass but I do not believe that you can legally purchase a rifle/shotgun without a mass FID at least. The last thing you need is to be picked up as you go out the door. I would transfer If I where in your situation. There is no current reciprocation of LTC between Mass and any other states. I know GOAL is trying but nothing yet. (If I am wrong on these points someone correct as needed.)
Top Top