Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 4:46:06 PM EDT
Hey guys, Im moving this weekend and due to the way my new room is desgined, I have got to mount my TV on the wall. I don't know too much about the home theater stuff, but I imagine like anything else, theres cheap crap and quality products. I have a Samsung 60" Plasma (Model # PN60F5500). Any suggestions on a quality wall mount that I don't gotta worry about breaking, dropping my new TV to the floor? Id like to stay under $100 if possible

Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a look at monoprice.com. I've had 3 of their mounts for around 3-5 years. No sag, stripping, or failures. I've got the model that tilts, pulls in and out,  and pivots. They'll usually be under $100 shipped for the 60" model.

Also their HDMI cables are great. Just about everything they sell is great quality.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy the $30 tilting wall mounts from amazon.  I've used four with no problems over the last three years.  Largest tv is an LG 55" led.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I even able to wall mount into your standard apartment dry wall to support a 65lb TV? I see a lot advertise for use with brick, concrete, woods, studs, etc
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You've got studs...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've got studs...
View Quote

So basically, I need to borrow a stud finder and hope they are spaced out enough for the bracket to line up with 2 of them and be centered on the wall?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
They are going to be 16" on center. Mount should have flexibility built in for moving the TV around a bit if the studs aren't exactly where you need them.

May want to ask the owner of the stud finder to help out... You're going to need a drill as well.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Remove an outlet cover, find the stud its attached to and measure from it.  16oc.  Wherever you decide to mount, use a finish nail to make sure you've found the stud and the mount should cover the explorer holes..  Then measure 16" off that stud and confirm again with the nail.  Spackle will take care of the holes when you move
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, get a recessed power and cable wallplate for behind the tv.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top