Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 2:14:03 PM EDT
I have ordered a german falchion from them before and it was the kind where the pomel screwed onto the sword.  wouldn't have been so bad but the pomel was not circular so when tightning it got out of place and was cocket at an angle that sometimes hit my wrist.

who has good prices on Quality battle ready swords?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty expensive.
Most of the ones you are talking about are in 1000 range. Real ones are in the 10-15k range
here is one place.
http://www.angelsword.com/
I have seen there stuff in person at one of those fairs a few years back. Very nice quality, but very pricey.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
When I get to the point where I have disposable income that is really disposable, I think I'd like to try a few of the swords produced by Cold Steel.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
iv seen some from a company called Iberian or something along those lines that were really nice. Try a search using iberican and sword.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
  Go to this forum you'll find what your looking for

forums.swordforum.com/
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the creme de la creme of sword makers

Albion
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have several weapons from these guys.  Everything is forged and comes with high praise from R. Ewart Oakeshott (perhaps the foremost expert on medieval weapons and armor).

Arms & Armor
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Bugeii (sp?)   makes soem nice Japanese swords, very useable

otherwise I might buy Cold Steel weapons just for beater blades, though their shovel is more than useable
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bugei doesn't make swords.   They market Chen Pao (Paul Chen) swords.

The Paul Chen swords are "authentic" in manufacture, at least, the upper models are.   They're
made in the traditional manner using modern steel technologies, and they are entirely suitable
for actual combat....not that you really want to get into that.

They're not replicas.  They're real. They're combat ready.  That's a very big difference vs. show replicas.

CJ

Thanks CMJohnson, I was under the impression they made their higher end swords, and I thought this thread was about useable swords, not just show pieces.......    My mistake sorry

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here is the creme de la creme of sword makers

Albion

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Coldsteel?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Coldsteel?

What?  What I've bought from them has been good quality.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Swords are cool, just don't let anyone see you with one....might think you're a ren-fest homo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top