Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 3:57:34 PM EDT
Now I have seen it all I think, I just saw the most ridiculous story on Fox news. They said coyotes are taking over a suburb of San Jose. Coyotes everywhere, even hanging around in people's yards. Now get this, the city council has voted against letting the residents trap the predators. They had one of the councilman in an interview and he said "he respects life to much watch anything get killed, it is a spiruatal thing for me". WTF????

Anyone have a link, I couldn't find one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now I have seen it all I think, I just saw the most ridiculous story on Fox news. They said coyotes are taking over a suburb of San Jose. Coyotes everywhere, even hanging around in people's yards. Now get this, the city council has voted against letting the residents trap the predators. They had one of the councilman in an interview and he said "he respects life to much watch anything get killed, it is a spiruatal thing for me". WTF????

That's just f'ng nuts. How spiritual will they feel when one drags off their pets or a small child. Maybe a rabid bite would do it for them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope he gets mauled by a rabid coyote after he watches it eat his french poodle
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's why there's a bounty on em here. Money for ammo and gas to kill more of um
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
How much is the bounty?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The councilman also quoted "thou shalt not kill"  and said he takes that to heart.  Errrr, dumbass, that means people, not beasts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
wait until people's pets started getting snagged off the front porch and the residents starting putting out poison... "Another fine mess you've gotten me into, Stanley"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How much is the bounty?

Just curious.

Different for different counties but I've heard as high as $20/head
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I would think that they'd want to protect all those gay little dogs they have out there.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I saw it too.

I haven't been to the area in a few years but the last time I was in the Almaden valley it was still pretty rural. Right up to the very edge of suburbia. They have a huge problem with feral pigs and wild (I think Russian) boars. And they bitch about the deer eating their ornamental plants. And the turkeys scratching up their lawns. I asked about hunting the boars, they said no. They were gonna' hire a professional. I know lots of guys would pay to hunt them (the boars and pigs). Lots of game around there and it's all very well protected. No wonder there are predators. I won't be surprised when the cougars become a real problem there too.

Build a high end subdivision practically to the edge of a designated wilderness area (Henry Coe park) and complain about the animals. WTF did they expect?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Sooner or later a lion will run down and grab someones dog or kid, then they will get all bent out of shape for a while and do something about the coyotes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The councilman also quoted "thou shalt not kill"  and said he takes that to heart.  Errrr, dumbass, that means people, not beasts.

Does he think the Vegie's he eats in his new world diet are pieces of unliving stone?  I hate it when people expand a definition beyond it's original meaning but think thier line is much better.  Idiot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sooner or later a lion will run down and grab someones dog or kid, then they will get all bent out of shape for a while and do something about the coyotes.

Word.  Good conditions for coyotes means good conditions for mountain lions.  We're seeing more and more lions in suburban areas here in SoCal.  It started when lion hunting was banned, but it's getting a whole lot worse quickly.

People change their minds in a flash once kids start getting attacked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The cityfolk/treehuggers don't seem to realize how this shit works until "they are inconvenienced" or one of them gets killed and eaten...

link-----ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=283035
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty sure the lions are already a problem along the San Fernando mountains, particularly during the dry season.

As long as they don't snatch kids, calves, or colts, I'm okay with coyotes and cats - critters got to eat, too.  We are just starting to get a hint of a revival of the cougar population in Missouri, and I hope we get a substantial population.  But I intend to stay at the top of the predator heap.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll tell you one thing, the first kid that gets nipped, or worse, killed, and these boobs are going to have a REAL spiritual experience.....in a court room as as some California ambulance chaser takes them for everything they AND the town have.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Saw the same story and was wondering what those people were thinking.  I am against killing animals for no reason, but if it comes down to the safety of me or my kids, or even pets, they would lose.  Sorry, I come first.  I am selfish.

What gets me is that guy doesn't know how bizarre the words comingout of his mouth sound.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#18]
PRK never ceases to amaze me.

Couple of weeks ago they banned weeding by hand on farms. WTF is going on with that state
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Couple of weeks ago they banned weeding by hand on farms. WTF is going on with that state

Weeding by hand? What do you mean, like pulling weeds? You can't even pull weeds in California anymore???
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weeding by hand? What do you mean, like pulling weeds? You can't even pull weeds in California anymore???

Yes, weeds.  I guess now you have to let them die of old age.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#21]
My uncle lives in Freemont, his backyard is the canyon where the Hetch-Hetchy water pipeline runs down to fag town.

They have always had a coyote problem, his neighbors got up in arms when he trapped a couple of coyotes using a humane dog trap.

About 6 months later the neighbors were again up in arms because the coyotes had killed all of the outdoor neighborhood cats and quite a few dogs.
One lady watched from her patio as a coyote carried off her yapping toy poodle.
Other neighbors were upset because the coyotes were using their pools and hot tubs to drink from, and that they were marking their territory on the kids swingsets, pools, tearing up gardens and and shitting everywhere.

By that time animal control had gotten out of the recieving trapped coyote busisness as it had "negitive publicity".

They had to pay for a private contractor to come and trap the coyotes.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, weeding on farms. I guess the migrants were complaing about back injuries from weeding crops by hand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Why does "how he feels " have to affect how others act ???

Only in CA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top