Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:22:27 PM EDT
walking home there was a annoying but probably harmless druggie, we were with another couple and the guy asked for a couple bucks, first i said no then i said "back the fuck off"

Well once we got back boy did i hear about it from the couple (liberal college students) all sorts of BS about how i cannot talk to people that way and aggression only causes more aggression.

I told them that I disagreed, usually even a small display of force will cause these types of POS to back off.

then the guy starts to spout off what if he would have pulled out a knife or a gun??? I said I would have drawn.

so the guy challenges me, well i bet you couldn't even get to your gun in time it could take seconds.

I made a left face and cleared leather right there, with a very very smooth fast draw with my finger on the slide and safety on.

He then proceeded to STFU and said, well thats pretty fast

my rule is never take a loaded gun out of its holster and i realize i fucked up by ignoring my rule but it was just too perfect...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as you weren't pointing it at anybody....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to decide if that was funny or immature....I'm leaning towards the latter rather than the former.

roy d....I like to tell beggers to back the F*** off also
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Point made, end of story....until the pussy files charges for Menacing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Um, why did you go out with people that think that way?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]

:p
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If you cleared the holster before he did, I'll give you a 9/10. Pissing off liberal hippies gets big points in my book!

OUTSTANDING!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Point made, end of story....until the pussy files charges for Menacing.

no he is ok we are friends, we shoot skeet and target pistols, he knows i carry.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes people just need to be "shown" the error of their ways, as it is impossible to reason with them verbally.
Actions speak louder than words.
I say you did good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sometimes people just need to be "shown" the error of their ways, as it is impossible to reason with them verbally.
Actions speak louder than words.
I say you did good.

+1

-K
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Capitalization and punctuation are your friends.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
now that the best almost drawn down story to date.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
You did good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Since he's your "friend", You should have done him one better and had him come at you from five paces, then shown him your technique for fighting off the attack and drawing your weapon to engage.  

Only do that with a cleared and made safe weapon of course (remove ammo and firing pin for example, if you don't have a rubber duck handy).  

Maybe he would have then become interested in trying some other scenarios and been taught something that he could use, maybe even that he needs a gun too, rather than just making him look like an idiot.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
walking home there was a annoying but probably harmless druggie, we were with another couple and the guy asked for a couple bucks, first i said no then i said "back the fuck off"

Well once we got back boy did i hear about it from the couple (liberal college students) all sorts of BS about how i cannot talk to people that way and aggression only causes more aggression.

I told them that I disagreed, usually even a small display of force will cause these types of POS to back off.

then the guy starts to spout off what if he would have pulled out a knife or a gun??? I said I would have drawn.

so the guy challenges me, well i bet you couldn't even get to your gun in time it could take seconds.

I made a left face and cleared leather right there, with a very very smooth fast draw with my finger on the slide and safety on.

He then proceeded to STFU and said, well thats pretty fast

my rule is never take a loaded gun out of its holster and i realize i fucked up by ignoring my rule but it was just too perfect...

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Id have muzzle punched him, then told him hes lucky Im not Chuck Norris...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Id have muzzle punched him, then told him hes lucky Im not Chuck Norris...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Wanna send the both of 'em a point even quicker?

Send 'em this link (www.flashbunny.org/index/Movies.html) in an email.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

my rule is never take a loaded gun out of its holster

How do you unload it before you get it out of the holster?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#20]
A real tough guy would've placed a round into the ground between his feet, or maybe shot the cigarette out his mouth - at least put a smiley face pattern on to a stop sign 50 feet away.

Oh well, maybe next time.  At least your emotional, liberal chums know that you're willing to pull your shit out at the slightest provocation.  

The internet will be here waiting and it will never get it’s fill of toughie exploits.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#21]
You did this on the sidewalk in a neighborhood
I guess it was alright as long as no one saw you out there window
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Handgun- $500

Good Holster- $40

Pissing off a Liberal- PRICELESS
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"Well once we got back"............
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I can see a minor weapon violation to make a leftist STFU.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#25]
excuse me, but I think you forgot something

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missed that part.
If your home you do what you want ,but why are you hanging around with these types ,even if he shoots skeet once in a while. I can't stand those types
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Id have muzzle punched him given him a full power shot, then told him hes lucky Im not Chuck Norris...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I think I would have said hold a minute, let me unload my gun, and we can test your assumption. Bet he doesn't take you up on that. Of course, only do it after clearing the gun, lettting him see it's empty, and only if he agrees to try it.  Most folk won't of course.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
A real tough guy would've placed a round into the ground between his feet, or maybe shot the cigarette out his mouth - at least put a smiley face pattern on to a stop sign 50 feet away.

Oh well, maybe next time.  At least your emotional, liberal chums know that you're willing to pull your shit out at the slightest provocation.  

The internet will be here waiting and it will never get it’s fill of toughie exploits.

While I think the whole thing was silly and may be BS, the question that started it was "what would you have done if he had a gun or knife?!" to which 1911greg said he'd draw. If you consider a gun or knife "slight provocation," I think you need to rethink things. I think a better explanation is that you didn't bother to read the original post all the way through and comprehend the situation. He wasn't provoked into drawing his weapon. He gave a demonstration. And while that may be stupid, or potentially unsafe, it's not any more unsafe than drawing if you're out in the desert shooting with friends. Finger off the trigger, no aiming at people, knowing what you're aiming at, and realizing that the gun is loaded all taken into consideration that is. Yeah it may have not been in a range type/controlled area, but neither is your house when you remove your weapon to clean/clear whatever.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#30]
NO HARM DONE, AND YOU SHUT HIM UP
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn man, you sure don't have the best choices in people you associate with.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missed that part.
If your home you do what you want ,but why are you hanging around with these types ,even if he shoots skeet once in a while. I can't stand those types

Easy to miss.  Like TexasEd said to the original poster: "Capitalization and punctuation are your friends."  

That said, you summed up the whole point of this thread with the underlined portion......  (my thoughts exactly, btw)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't provoked into drawing his weapon. He gave a demonstration.

Agreed.  He was showing off.  

Alien, this kid probably shouldn't be packing, I read the whole post.  Just because what he did failed to violate any of the big 4 doesn't mean jack.

That he ran home to post about his little flashing experience tells volumes of his maturity level:  it is lacking.

Quoted:
NO HARM DONE, AND YOU SHUT HIM UP

Really?  His little friends are going to be able to keep their mouths shut?  Despite the fact he's boasting about it - you're sure he'll never do it again under different circumstances?

Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I would not do that.  Nobody knows when I carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I would not do that.  Nobody knows when I carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I would have done the same thing, but with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#37]
1911greg = fucking moron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top