Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:50:47 PM EDT
hey guys I might get a job offer to work for a private police company part time as a trainer what yall's opion of private police they are all sworn officers is is renta cop bs or an oppertunity to train and work my way into high end stuff
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
make money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:56:27 PM EDT
Some of these private police jobs pay 50+ per hour. As long as it does not interfere with your regular job, I'd go for it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:38:58 AM EDT
thanks I'll be doing there training leg work ie (teach the class) and our cheif can then sign off on the paper work saying the couse was completed test scores and targets don't lie later
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:41:21 PM EDT
What is "private police"? How are they sworn? I thought you had to be with the government to be sworn.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:37:35 AM EDT
the privte police are sworn officers , they have completed blet , i beleve they then are considered agents of the police with the limted jurastriction of the housing project or buisness they are contracted to protect they have arrest powers and issue citations the town or county has the job of proscuite the broken law. the officers enforce and keep the peace.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:53:44 AM EDT
I think instructor work would be great. As long as you're there because you know your stuff; not because you fall into the category of "Those who can't do - teach."
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:41:10 AM EDT
They sound similar to the "Special Conservators of the Peace" that we have here in Virginia. Basically the busines applies to the court within their jurisdiction and if the judge approves it they have to post a bond. The judge also specifies whether they can be armed or not. The perspective special conservator gets sworn in and then can go through an academy and get get state certified.
Until recently, there was little regulation over special conservators, but now DCJS manages them just like they do law enforcement and security.

Originally Posted By COLT113:
the privte police are sworn officers , they have completed blet , i beleve they then are considered agents of the police with the limted jurastriction of the housing project or buisness they are contracted to protect they have arrest powers and issue citations the town or county has the job of proscuite the broken law. the officers enforce and keep the peace.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:44:09 AM EDT
Is spelling ability a hiring criteria for the special police?

oppertunity
couse
privte
beleve
jurastriction
buisness
proscuite
Top Top