Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 12/14/2016 8:34:04 PM EDT

Bad vision. Dont wear contacts.

Any experience you can share with prescription masks, and sources for one?

I see a few companies online, but dont see many reviews.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there was discussion of this recently over on ScubaBoard. Let me see if I can come up with a link or two.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this thread and this one, too, for suppliers to try and divers' experiences with them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used Prescriptiondivemasks.com before, and they're doing a mask for me right now. Their work was excellent, and turnaround is very quick.

For me, it was hard to find a mask I loved, and they can put pretty much any prescription in any mask.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Love mine. I don't do well with contact lenses.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Dive Rite mask with prescription lenses from Bird's Underwater as that is my local shop, but the same mask and lens types can be found here from Dive Gear Express.

I also an Evo La Paz that I bought from Diver's Direct in Key West back in 2006 that had the same kind of replaceable lenses as the Dive Rite one, and the first prescription mask I had was a custom job that was sent out by another local dive shop to an unknown facility to be made.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top