Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 6:28:58 AM EDT
Hey folks,
  I've inherited a collection from my grandpa (including an awesome colt python) and now have several calibers I've not shot for over 15 years. I'm curious if you would help me with a reasonable and SIMPLE baseline...pre most of the recent insanity, what was a fairly good cost per round for a reasonable quality ammo (no personal defense zombie stuff) in each of the following:

I recall a good price for a box of 525 rounds of federal 22lr to be about $15.99
seems like I could get pmc bronze 9mm for the same price per box.
I could pick up .223 pmc bronze for $6.99/box
what about 22WMR?
and 357 magnum?
.45?
32auto?

I don't get out to shoot as much as I'd like and I refuse to support the current hoarding/gouging so I'm mostly curious as I watch prices for a return to something I'm willing to pay.

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:31:53 AM EDT
Doesn't really matter what "pre-panic" prices were.

Keep your eyes open for prices that are good for you.

You almost sounded like a 13'r for a second there....

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:34:31 AM EDT
Go look at the shelf tags at Wal-Mart.  They are the same ones as before the panic, they just don't have ammo above them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:35:38 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gonoles:
Go look at the shelf tags at Wal-Mart.  They are the same ones as before the panic, they just don't have ammo above them.
View Quote

That too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:05:39 AM EDT
View Quote

I actually tried that, no tag for 357, same story on WMR...nothing in the right spot and mostly not priced.
They actually had 6 boxes of WMR with no price so I asked the lady how much they were she says "I don't know" and walks away texting on her phone...god I love walmart. chased her down and asked if she'd be terribly inconvenienced to scan one and tell me how much they were, she looked like I just peed on her shoe.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:06:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By xwarp:
View Quote

might not to you, but I tend not to ask questions I don't actually want an answer to. even if I'm just curious, I still want an answer, no different than asking grandpa how much a car cost in his day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:36:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By atomicskier:

might not to you, but I tend not to ask questions I don't actually want an answer to. even if I'm just curious, I still want an answer, no different than asking grandpa how much a car cost in his day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xwarp:

You ended your first posting with the following. Sounded like you were complaining to me.

I don't get out to shoot as much as I'd like and I refuse to support the current hoarding/gouging so I'm mostly curious as I watch prices for a return to something I'm willing to pay.

thanks!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:55:07 AM EDT
I want to say a box of .357 Mag FMJ was about $19 or so? Similar for good quality .45 ACP. 9mm brass such as Federal was only $13 at WalMart. I miss that for sure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:01:50 AM EDT
View Quote

True story-ish
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:16:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
I want to say a box of .357 Mag FMJ was about $19 or so? Similar for good quality .45 ACP. 9mm brass such as Federal was only $13 at WalMart. I miss that for sure.
View Quote

many thanks!
Top Top