Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 2:02:27 AM EDT
Hey guys, Ive got a PWA M-4 listed here in the EE, and Ive got it for trade on Snipershide too,  I got a heads up from from a member over there that may of interest to everyone here, Its well below the preban cutoff of 35222, however he has informed me that unless it was a M-4 then, no matter what, it cant be now....Must be in original configuration.  What have you guys heard, and where should I look?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, it had to have been made into an "assault weapon" back before the ban. Sure, it could have been an AR-15 A2 with a flash hider, and now it has a shorter barrel, but still has a flash hider. That should be fine.

However, each time the gun has been sold, since the ban until now, it would have to have been sold in assault weapon configuration. If it was ever sold as a NON-assault weapon after the ban, then I believe that the BATFE from that day on considers it a post-ban.

Of course, I'm no lawyer, so YMMV. Hope that helped!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Were you the original owner? As long as it left the factory as a complete rifle prior to sept13(IIRC) 94 you can have all the evil features you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top