Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/16/2003 4:50:53 PM EDT
I have looked around and havent found the answer to this questions any where. Anyway i have a friend that works as a police officer and he has a new Bushmaster pre-ban that he wants to sell and I want a pre-ban rifle like everyone else but would I legally be able to own it if I bought it from him like that?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2003 5:45:12 PM EDT by Oslow]
A "NEW" Preban? Would you mean a new "LE" (Law Enforcement) Bushmaster? Or do you mean your friend, who just happens to be a police officer, owns a very nice Preban Bushmaster he would be willing to sell? Do you understand what "PREBAN" is? [url]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/primer/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
yes i know what preban is thank you. im not sure if its a law enforcement model or not i know it has the flash hider and bayonet lug on it. if it is a LE model would i still be able to buy it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:40:08 PM EDT
yes i know what preban is thank you. im not sure if its a law enforcement model or not i know it has the flash hider and bayonet lug on it. if it is a LE model would i still be able to buy it? when i said new i meant that he just bought it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:25:34 PM EDT
Well Jess, the definition of a preban rifle is [b]not[/b] "a rifle with a flash hider and a bayonet lug"; that is why I added the link. And if it is a postban LE rifle, no you can't buy it if you aren't a LEO.
Top Top