Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 11:59:41 AM EDT
Frequently, I pull my 4x8 trailer behind my ATV to haul brush, manure, hay, etc. I can manually wire up a device to power the lights, or blink the lights for visibility. But.. is there a place you can purchase something premade like this? Would not be hard for me to set up, but figured if such a device already exists, might be worth opting for that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I know the Amish around here finally decided that taking their black buggies on the road at night without any lighting was bad for their health...so they put some blinking red lights on the back...

I'm not sure if they bought the systems or built them, but i can't seem to find those systems online anywhere....
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know the Amish around here finally decided that taking their black buggies on the road at night without any lighting was bad for their health...so they put some blinking red lights on the back...

I'm not sure if they bought the systems or built them, but i can't seem to find those systems online anywhere....

It is my understanding that they were "seriously urged" to put them on (i.e. told they had to). I have Amish friends, but don't see them often. I ended up picking up a trailer wiring harness for $3. I'll pick up a blinker relay, and just hard wire to the ATV. THat way, as long as the 4 wire connector is hooked up, it'll be live.

I live on a curve, and people whizz around it as fast as they can. I've come close to biting it more than once, and have had animals clobbered.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
We used a small 12 motorcycle battery with a trailer light bolted to the negative terminal and a alligator clip to the positive. Duct taped it to the trailer dump bed.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top