Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 8:59:33 PM EDT
OKay, here gos, my parents have some rental property, they have/had a manager. The manager held the security deposits for all the tenants in a client trust account (CTA). Now the manager sold her bussiness to some dork who isn't even licensed, my parents told them to give us the money as they did not want to do business with these people, they advised her that they had thirty days to give back the money, OK. Now they have told us, with out asking permission mind you, that our money has been transfered to some other companys CTA accout. I allready confirmed that that is illegal. The real problem is that I called the "State Real Estate Agency" and was told that the owners of the company are not licensed, nor is the company, to do any property managment, the Agency can only regulate people who have a license, so basicly they said get an attourny, we can't help. The thirty days is not up yet, but these people give us the creeps, plus our money is allready "out of the loop", in a place it has no goddly reason to be! Since they aren't licensed, they aren't insured or bonded.

IMO the money is allready "stolen", if on a technicality. Who do I call? The DA? Do I call the DA, or the police first? Will a DA refer me to the right agency? HELP!

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:06:41 PM EDT
I would go talk to a lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:21:53 AM EDT
At first glance, this appears to be a CIVIL issue that may require your folks to get a lawyer in order to get results.

However, upon expiring the legal process to get your money back through the CIVIL process something shows, reveals, or indicates possible criminal activity (ie: Fraud, Breech of Trust, etc), this could in some jurisdictions become a Criminal Case.

Best advise already given above... Get a Lawyer ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:36:59 PM EDT
Civil matter. Retain a business law attorney. It will take years, and cost thousands, but it will eventually get sorted out.
Top Top