Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 9:46:11 AM EDT
hi guys I posted in the deployed forum but didnt get any info.  I'm deploying to afghanistan next year on a joint mission to train the afghan national police.  anyone have any info?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Mil or Dyncorp?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I was on a  PMT for two years in Helmand and Kandahar, '08-'09, plus another 3 months in Kabul ferrying Colonels around as they touted their COIN plans to each other
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
air national guard.  there are 4 of us going w/ 8 mp's from the army guard and our joint partner is Lithuania
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Any idea what your area or mission is going to be? Besides a generic "mentor the police"? There were teams doing a full range of stuff from pure training to almost pure tactical stuff as PMTs
Not sure if the Lithuanian thing will work well for you. I recall some of those police trainers from eastern European nations being at the Kandahar RTC and they were pretty much worthless from a training perspective.
Maybe Sylvan can chime in, but I thought that the .mil was moving away from the PMT mission for Guard guys.
edit:
anyways, let me know if I can throw some stuff in digits together for you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
air national guard.  there are 4 of us going w/ 8 mp's from the army guard and our joint partner is Lithuania

An ANG friend of mine mentioned they were looking for LE trainers, but I never could get any solid information or anyone to call me.  I'm Army Guard myself, but I have much more time and experience in LE training than I do in my MOS.  Wish I was going with you guys.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I really dont have any info at all about the mission.  My base isnt very involved and we wont meet up w/ the mp's until jan when we start train up.  Training is at ft Polk then Lithuaina.  From what I saw online we will be in Ghor Province.  We will be in country from april to october and the elevation is over 7000'.  Any idea what the weather will be like?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really dont have any info at all about the mission.  My base isnt very involved and we wont meet up w/ the mp's until jan when we start train up.  Training is at ft Polk then Lithuaina.  From what I saw online we will be in Ghor Province.  We will be in country from april to october and the elevation is over 7000'.  Any idea what the weather will be like?

Ghor is sort of North/ Northwest.
You're missing the cold season, so expect it to be hot.
I haven't been at Polk sonce '01, and I hear the training there has changed  alot since then, but I'm sure they still have the same bugs and weather we had in '01.

Keep us advised on your progress and needs. At the least we can include you on the care package lists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top