Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 10:54:30 PM EDT by MGNiko]
Our 1st kiddo & that's the news today when we were in for our 12 week checkup.

Dr. says NO SEX until at LEAST the 20 week checkup

Guess its time to google WTF this is & HTF I make it go away

OK we're at the 20 week point. Ultrasound today went PERFECT! Everything has moved off to its proper position and we are very happy about that.

Also....IT'S A BOY

Pic added down the page

July 19, 2008

Hi friends. Our little boy has been diagnosed with a severe birth defect; Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Here is the post I made in team:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=733769

You all have been so kind and helpful along our road. In our case, my wife's Previa was the best thing that could have happened. But for the previa, we would not have had a 28 week ultrasound. This ultrasound was simply to confirm that the previa was completely gone. It is, but the CDH was found. Please pray for our young family.

~Nik & Megan (and baby John Michael Larson)
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:31:47 PM EDT
You can't. Be glad she's not on bed rest too. Dishes need to be washed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:48:48 PM EDT
it is the placenta laying across the cervix, or partially on the cervix. If ruptured, your wife and child could die. Listen to the doc and no sex until they can check to see if it has moved up on it's own. She's pretty early yet and chances are good it will move on it's own. If not, c/s is necessary and it will be no sex until after the baby is born.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:53:08 PM EDT
Sometimes it goes away on its own. At 12 weeks, you've got a good chance that it will resolve itself as the uterus stretches (all out of whack and to hell and back - 'cause that's what a uterus is made to do. )

www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc

Only about 10 percent of women who have placenta previa noted on ultrasound at midpregnancy still have it when they deliver their baby.

www.mayoclinic.com/health/placenta-previa/DS00588/DSECTION=1

Early in pregnancy, the placenta may implant in the lower part of the uterus. As the uterus grows, the placenta usually moves up and away from the opening of the uterus (cervix).

Good luck! And congratulations on the bun in the oven.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:53:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:
it is the placenta laying across the cervix, or partially on the cervix. If ruptured, your wife and child could die. Listen to the doc and no sex until they can check to see if it has moved up on it's own. She's pretty early yet and chances are good it will move on it's own. If not, c/s is necessary and it will be no sex until after the baby is born.

+1 on this, listen to the doctor and you guys should be ok. Gl and congrats on the baby
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:57:15 PM EDT
Thanks guys....I'm super worried after reading up on it Wonder if it would help if I keep her in bed as much as possible? She's a teacher & on her feet all day; perhaps she needs to teach from a chair at least. She's also on a bowling team; Dr. said these things are Ok but I want to be extra careful! Cripes
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:34:53 PM EDT
First off congrat, second read up on it that way you won't have any surprises. A friend of mine both of her pregnancies were that way. This last one she almost died. They had to do both by C-section, and she also had to have a few blood transfusions. They also told her no more kids.Good luck and get your sleep now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:51:27 PM EDT
I had it with both kiddos...IM if you have questions.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:55:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MGNiko:

Hey that's not a bad thing or a good thing if the doctor is saying that he wants to watch then more than likely it is only a partial previa rather than a full one.
Like every one else said it will be okay.
Simply put it is were the placenta attaches to the uterine wall but close to or over the opening. She will thank you later for sitting in a chair while teaching. This will help keep the extremity swelling down. Do not freak about this it is more common than you think both of my pregnancies started out with the placenta previa but as the womb grew the placenta moved just enough to allow for the safe delivery. Do you have ultrasound pics?

Check out these photos they show the different types.

http://www.obfocus.com/images/previa.gif
Left cold for a reason.

Good luck. She'll be ok just listen to the doctor they know best.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 7:21:22 PM EDT
You gals are just great!

My bride came home from work & I promptly wisked her into the bedroom to get off her feet. I did all the dishes & brought her yummy steak, potatos, green beans, and salad that I made for dinner

Anyway, the Dr. told her that it is Complete; but she's fairly up beat that things will shift direction as everything gets bigger. In about 8 weeks we'll know the score & shift the game plan appropriately. So for now rest as much as possible, no heavy lifting, no nookie, no bowling league, and no bungie jumping (she said that'd be an easy one).
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 4:51:13 AM EDT
I had partial with #2 but it shifted by my 20 wk. c/u.

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 1:08:21 PM EDT
Update at top
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 1:39:50 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/12/2008 4:24:21 PM EDT

UPDATE:

OK we're at the 20 week point. Ultrasound today went PERFECT! Everything has moved off to its proper position and we are very happy about that.

Also....IT'S A BOY

That is the best news that you could have gotten. I am so glad that it has moved like I had said before sometimes these things change and they turn out for the best. Tell MOMMA to be that is awesome and to just rest were she can and keep up the good work.

BOYS are great that's kool you are going to have one on the first try.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 4:48:00 PM EDT
Congratulations!! Patty
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 6:37:59 PM EDT
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What a relief!!!!! Please give Mama our love, and tell the little mister that we're glad he chose to rearrange the furniture.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:31:56 PM EDT
Thank you all so much; I love my extended internet family Just stand by in a few short months when I'm asking all sorts of stupid questions.....cause I'll be staying home with him!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 9:56:19 PM EDT

Thank you all so much; I love my extended internet family Just stand by in a few short months when I'm asking all sorts of stupid questions.....cause I'll be staying home with him!!

awesome!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:09:36 AM EDT

There are no stupid questions.

Glad to hear all has gone well in reversing itself. Keep us updated on the missus and the little one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:53:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:

There are no stupid questions.

Glad to hear all has gone well in reversing itself. Keep us updated on the missus and the little one.

What Mrs GH said! I missed this back in March...I'm glad we're all good now!
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 6:18:11 AM EDT
Had a total previa with my daughter and a partial that resolved with my son. Keep off the feet and watch for bleeding and listen to the dr.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 11:29:18 PM EDT

Bring it on!!

The dumb questioned I asked with my oldest, weren't dumb at the time.

I'm so glad the Pla Previa resolved itself. That must be such a total relief.

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:28:17 PM EDT
it's been a couple of weeks - how's that Mama doing?
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:30:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2008 4:32:22 PM EDT by MGNiko]
She is doing fabulous! Quite a bit more energy now that we can have our nightly walks around the neighborhood again. Here's a pic from last week Our little guy was kicking to the tunes at the recent Trace Adkins and Elton John concerts we went to

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:36:26 PM EDT
congrats !
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:41:18 PM EDT
Congratulations.!

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:50:41 PM EDT
Congrats to you both
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:17:29 PM EDT
she's beautiful... and yay for being back to "normal..."
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 10:06:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By donne3:
she's beautiful... and yay for being back to "normal..."

Why thanks In her current state of looking at herself in the mirror and wondering what happened....she'll be thrilled to hear it! She's going on 30 and still looks almost like when we met over 10 years ago I'm just lucky she puts up with my ugly mug
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:53:15 AM EDT

Why thanks In her current state of looking at herself in the mirror and wondering what happened....she'll be thrilled to hear it! She's going on 30 and still looks almost like when we met over 10 years ago I'm just lucky she puts up with my ugly mug

well, fwiw, she looks 25, tops, and it looks like the only weight she's gained is right there in her belly... she looks fantastic, and that smile makes the picture.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:03:30 AM EDT

She is doing fabulous! Quite a bit more energy now that we can have our nightly walks around the neighborhood again. Here's a pic from last week Our little guy was kicking to the tunes at the recent Trace Adkins and Elton John concerts we went to

i29.tinypic.com/23vhphe.jpg

She looks so happy and glowing. Congrats guys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:37:19 AM EDT
Thanks you guys She was so excited to hear that other people think she looks young, good, etc. that she checked this thread herself I know she's having a bit of a tough time dealing with all the "changes" that go on LOL as she's always had a flat tummy and such. You know how it is; your S.O. can tell you a 100 times how good you look, but until someone on the outside says it too you think they may just be sayin it to make ya feel better cause your married to them
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:55:24 PM EDT
Update 7/19/08 Pg. 1
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:10:55 PM EDT
wow - not the outcome I was expecting....sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:45:23 AM EDT

prayers outbound
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:12:12 AM EDT
more prayers inbound - they operate in utero on hernias all the time... don't be discouraged. like was said in your other thread, make sure you keep up the research (and listen to PMM - easy on the rum. Megan needs all of you right now), and take advantage of the docs/nurses here, too...

most of all - don't give up. not even for a moment. life brings so many challenges, and being a parent multiplies them a thousand-fold... BUT when he's born, and you see that perfect face, and you look at Megan and know that the two of you have been part of such a beautiful thing, it'll be so amazing... I can't wait for those pictures...

hang in there... and please keep us in the loop, so we can adjust our prayers accordingly...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:47:44 PM EDT
Prayers inbound for you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:06:05 PM EDT
Top Top