Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 10:10:39 AM EDT
I am new to Photoshop, I am using version 5.5, and have mastered figuring out how to cut pictures. Now when I go to paste them on top of another picture they are usually too large. How do I resize pictures I have cut to place them into other pictures? Also is there a way to change angles on pictures once they have been pasted? Photoshop seems a lot more complicated then Microsoft picture it when it comes to resizing and layers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:12:20 AM EDT
edit, free transform
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:14:33 AM EDT
First, the DPI (dots/pixels per inch) should be the same. If they are, then the pics should transfer nicely. If not, then revisit the original pics and establish a good DPI relationship on them. If the original is 600 DPI and the copy image is 300 DPI, then the picture will have to be resized by 50% to get it correct on the original. Do the math.

You can always manually resize the pic as well, using the control points, but it is less accurate.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:15:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 10:15:44 AM EDT by ByteTheBullet]
Congrats on getting Photoshop, say goodbye to your free time! If you can manage it, I highly suggest a more curent version...there are a ton more very usefull tools in the newer vers.

When I cut and paste from one to another I make sure I am zoomed to the same % on both, that way they should be the same size. If you paste onto a new layer you can manipulate any layer any way you want. That is the beauty of layers.

Hope this helps...

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:15:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SKSseven:
I am new to Photoshop, I am using version 5.5, and have mastered figuring out how to cut pictures. Now when I go to paste them on top of another picture they are usually too large. How do I resize pictures I have cut to place them into other pictures? Also is there a way to change angles on pictures once they have been pasted? Photoshop seems a lot more complicated then Microsoft picture it when it comes to resizing and layers.

That is because it is more powerful. Generally a program that allows more control will have more complicated controls. You will appreciate them once you learn them. Do a tutorial.
Top Top