Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:49:25 AM EDT
Hey, anyone good with photoshop feel like helping me out?

I need to photoshop an ar or FAL into the statue of liberty's hand.

64.241.25.14/storage/images/stli2/PICT00-1.JPG
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:53:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 6:53:27 AM EDT by NoVaGator]
post a pic of the rifle you want and I'll mess around w/ it
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:28:39 AM EDT
How's this?

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:54:59 AM EDT

First attempt. Will try to approximate a better proportion of the rifle next time. If you could take a photo of the rfle from the other side. I think the picture would be better if Lady Liberty were holding the rifle upside-down (With the mag facing the air. Would'nt work if you just "flipped" the image as the wrong side would appear). I'm trying to figure out also how to free rorate the image of the rifle so it is at an angle and not perfectly horizontal.

Will try again when i have the time. Hope the image works for you in the mean time - at least until somebody posts a better job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:21:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eye_spy:

First attempt. Will try to approximate a better proportion of the rifle next time. If you could take a photo of the rfle from the other side. I think the picture would be better if Lady Liberty were holding the rifle upside-down (With the mag facing the air. Would'nt work if you just "flipped" the image as the wrong side would appear). I'm trying to figure out also how to free rorate the image of the rifle so it is at an angle and not perfectly horizontal.

Will try again when i have the time. Hope the image works for you in the mean time - at least until somebody posts a better job.

cool, thanks!

here's a shot from the other side:

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:53:15 AM EDT
I'm no expert but here's my offering ...

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 8:51:29 PM EDT by UberPhLuBB]
56K will struggle. =)

With a FAL.

With an M4.

Yes, I know I put her finger on the trigger. You don't toss your gun around in the air for fun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:52:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By UberPhLuBB:
56K will struggle. =)

home.earthlink.net/~phlubbspace/libertyfal.jpg

home.earthlink.net/~phlubbspace/libertyar.jpg

nice job.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:52:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By UberPhLuBB:
56K will struggle. =)

With a FAL.

With an M4.

Yes, I know I put her finger on the trigger. You don't toss your gun around in the air for fun.

the hand looks great ... finger on the trigger even
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 6:08:51 AM EDT by eye_spy]
UberPhLuBB, that's very good work man! Very "clean" photoshopping! Nice fingers dude! Howdja do that!!??!!

RB, FWIW, here's another one. Not as pretty as UberPhLuBB's job, but just for sh*ts and giggles!

(ETA: Hmmm somehow, Photobucket won't let me upload it on a higher resolution. Darn!)
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:50:43 AM EDT

UberPhLuBB, that's very good work man! Very "clean" photoshopping! Nice fingers dude! Howdja do that!!??!!

RB, FWIW, here's another one. Not as pretty as UberPhLuBB's job, but just for sh*ts and giggles!

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/eye_spy/FinalLiberty2.jpg

Do you have a higher res version of that one? That's great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:10:26 AM EDT
Yes I do, but can't seem to upload it. Any ideas on how i can get it to you?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:15:38 AM EDT

Yes I do, but can't seem to upload it. Any ideas on how i can get it to you?

I just sent you an IM with my email address.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:19:20 AM EDT
Damn, youse guys are pretty good...!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:24:14 PM EDT

I believe I duplicated the top finger, drew in the back of the finger and the highlights (since it was in shadow), added drop shadows where necessary and arranged the fingers, thumb and trigger guard layers appropriately.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 2:45:14 PM EDT by Taffy223]

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/eye_spy/FinalLiberty.jpg

(ETA: Hmmm somehow, Photobucket won't let me upload it on a higher resolution. Darn!)

That one looks just like mine..

BUT much better

I've not mastered the layering thing yet and my source photo was not very good quality.
That's about all my excuses for now

Taffy

I thought it might be different to have her craddling the rifle in the other hand with the rifle partialy obscured behind her. Again here is my effort someone my be able to sort out.

Top Top