Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 2/21/2007 8:02:31 PM EST
http://www.legis.state.pa.us:80/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0030&pn=0055

didn't know if anyone had heard anything or seen this
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:18:59 PM EST
came out a few weeks ago, make sure you wright your reps
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:25:57 PM EST

24 (c) Public nuisance.--Any assault weapon or assault weapon
25 conversion kit, the manufacture, possession, purchase, sale or
26 other transfer of which is prohibited under subsection (a), is a
27 public nuisance.
28 (d) Penalty.--Any person who violates subsection (a) commits
29 a felony of the first degree.

felony public nuisance?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:53:57 AM EST
Nothing personal but what the hell do you expect! Pennsylvanians elected Murtha didn't they? Arlen Specter ain't much better. His asshole buddy in the Senate is Teddy Kennedy.

Just like Nancy Pelosi is in bed with Murtha and Finestein. As one of the original thirteen colonies, they, PA, also are dropping to gun control. Pisses me off that people vote these damn Dems in fully knowing they are gonna get screwed sooner or later.

Hell, the NRA should have ten times the members they now have. Ask how many of your friends are members? My wife and I have been Life members for 40 years. They will fight the fight again, now in PA.

A Life Membership can be done on the easy pay plan. How many movie tickets or six packs of beer etc. does it take for a year or a Life membership in the NRA?

Sounding off does feel good!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:35:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By foxfire5:
Nothing personal but what the hell do you expect! Pennsylvanians elected Murtha didn't they? Arlen Specter ain't much better. His asshole buddy in the Senate is Teddy Kennedy.

Just like Nancy Pelosi is in bed with Murtha and Finestein. As one of the original thirteen colonies, they, PA, also are dropping to gun control. Pisses me off that people vote these damn Dems in fully knowing they are gonna get screwed sooner or later.

Hell, the NRA should have ten times the members they now have. Ask how many of your friends are members? My wife and I have been Life members for 40 years. They will fight the fight again, now in PA.

A Life Membership can be done on the easy pay plan. How many movie tickets or six packs of beer etc. does it take for a year or a Life membership in the NRA?

Sounding off does feel good!!

This bill is DOA. Both Houses of the state legislature are in Republican hands. Add in the number of pro-gun Democrats from outside of Philly and Pittsburgh and gun control is pretty much a dead letter in the state.

Please don't assume that since his district sent Murtha that the rest of the state is like that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:28:53 PM EST
Glad to hear it is DOA. I have a sister and children and grandchildren in the state. They live in Philadelphia, Bucks county & Little Washington, PA respectively. They are hunters and shooters, so if they haven't heard, I will let them know tomorrow. Thanks you for the update.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:35:13 PM EST

Glad to hear it is DOA. I have a sister and children and grandchildren in the state. They live in Philadelphia, Bucks county & Little Washington, PA respectively. They are hunters and shooters, so if they haven't heard, I will let them know tomorrow. Thanks you for the update.

I would be very careful about the bill being dead. The L.A. Times and the its liberal cohorts were calling the Calif AWB a very difficult bill to pass, it sailed right on through "like a hot knife through butter." So be double sure the bill is really dead, and not by what you read in the mainstream news media. The news media will lie throught their teeth to get something they want passed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:31:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:

I would be very careful about the bill being dead. The L.A. Times and the its liberal cohorts were calling the Calif AWB a very difficult bill to pass, it sailed right on through "like a hot knife through butter." So be double sure the bill is really dead, and not by what you read in the mainstream news media. The news media will lie throught their teeth to get something they want passed.

My diagnosis of the chances of this bill has nothing to do with anything found in the media. It is based upon my studies of politics in this state, as well as my fairly close involvement in the same.

There are a handful of idiots legislators in Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, and Harrisburg who would support this bill. A very strong majority of legislators in both state houses have NRA A and B ratings. PA has not passed a new gun restriction in several decades. In that same span, gun control has actually relaxed a good deal. I won't be losing any sleep over this bill anytime in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:33:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By PAEBR332:

Originally Posted By warlord:

My diagnosis of the chances of this bill has nothing to do with anything found in the media. It is based upon my studies of politics in this state, as well as my fairly close involvement in the same.

There are a handful of idiots legislators in Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, and Harrisburg who would support this bill. A very strong majority of legislators in both state houses have NRA A and B ratings. PA has not passed a new gun restriction in several decades. In that same span, gun control has actually relaxed a good deal. I won't be losing any sleep over this bill anytime in the near future.

I agree. This would be political suicide in PA imo.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:36:20 AM EST

Nothing personal but what the hell do you expect! Pennsylvanians elected Murtha didn't they?

Not to sound like I like Murtha, because I don't, but the guy has a decent pro-gun voting record. He's just an asshat of the first order on everything else.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:39:13 AM EST
Actually the Democrats took control of both Pa. houses last fall over the pay raise scandal.

BUT! Most of these are Democrats from rural areas who know death is certain in the support for anything touching guns in Pa.!

Will not keep the Liberal Pussies from Philthadelphia or Shitsburg from trying constantly though.

We all know it couldn't be their lack of leadership in those cities keeping the minorites who are killing each other on welfare and not getting an education and quiting their selling friggin drugs and immature gang behaviors could it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:45:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 10:33:15 AM EST by PAEBR332]

Originally Posted By Fireguy3:
Actually the Democrats took control of both Pa. houses last fall over the pay raise scandal.
<snip>

WRONG!!!

Both Houses are still in the hands of the Republicans. Check the state legislative homepage if you do not believe me. www.pasen.gov/index.cfm. You will note that BOTH houses are led by Republicans.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:57:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By PAEBR332:
This bill is DOA. Both Houses of the state legislature are in Republican hands. Add in the number of pro-gun Democrats from outside of Philly and Pittsburgh and gun control is pretty much a dead letter in the state.

Please don't assume that since his district sent Murtha that the rest of the state is like that.

The Democrats are actually the majority party in the House even though one Democrat voted for and elected a Republican Speaker. A very strange situation.

Affiliation Members
Democratic Party 102
Republican Party 101
Total 203
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:19:37 AM EST
Both of my Reps. are against it and are D's.

PA is a very strong pro-gun state. Even though Santorum lost (A+ rating from NRA) his replacement, Casey, got an A rating.

Local reps and Senators in my area are old time D's while in the Philly area, parts of Pittsburgh, and some of the other towns in the state produce the anti-gun D's.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:23:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 10:24:28 AM EST by Centurian77]
You have guns which your forefathers outlined that right for a reason.

C
Top Top