Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:01:50 PM EDT
I got a small blister-type sore on the outside of my lower gum.

It is on the bottom of the gum, not near the tooth.

It has a small white-looking head and the area around is very sensitive and I get a stinging sensation if touched.

It cant be from improper oral hygiene since I brush my teeth three times a day.

And the little bastard has been bugging me for about a week.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
canker sore?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
teh herps?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
canker sore?

BINGO thats it, godamn Arfcom is FM.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Gargle with warm salt water.

If that doesn't work can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gargle with warm salt water.

If that doesn't work can I have your guns?

Sure, pal, you want that fedexed?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm no doc nor a dentist but I had a similar situation a few years back.  It started out with a blister looking thing in my gum right above my "fang"(not up to date on my technical terms).  For a couple weeks I would take a needle and sterilize it and then end up poking the blister.  I was amazed actually how far the needle would go in but a day later the blister would come right back.  So eventually I went off to see my dentist.

He did some x-rays and determined it was some kind of an abscess.  He showed me the x-ray and this thing had bored a hole horizontally starting from one of my big front teeth all the way through to the hole above my fang.  Apparently, I was lucky as he'd seen people with abscesses going straight up into their cheek bones and stuff.  Anyways, this was all too much for my dentist and he told me I needed an oral surgeon.

Now for the horror story!  I go to this surgeon and he proceeds to shoot me up with novocaine.  Then he takes a scalpel and makes an inch and half long incision along the gumline.  Flips up the gumline to reveal the cavity bored into my bone and gum and begins scraping out the matter.  Eventually he pulls out this fibrous looking thing from all the blood and matter and sends it off for a biopsy.  Then he flipped the gum back down and put some stiches in places I never thought stiches could go and sends me on my way.

So I get home and lay down for awhile and wake up with a sensation like there's a water fountain in my mouth.  The clot from the abscess hole broke loose and blood was pouring out.  So I pretty much bent over the sink for 30 minutes watching pools of blood going down the drain.  It eventually stopped and everything was fine after that.  The biopsy came back negative for anything and they told me the whole thing was probably caused by a previous injury and root canal I had to my front teeth.

So years later I've had no problems since.  There's a nice little scar along the gumline and where the abscess hole was but that's it.  I'd rank the whole ordeal somewhere in the top 5 of my many dental adventures.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm no doc nor a dentist but I had a similar situation a few years back.  It started out with a blister looking thing in my gum right above my "fang"(not up to date on my technical terms).  For a couple weeks I would take a needle and sterilize it and then end up poking the blister.  I was amazed actually how far the needle would go in but a day later the blister would come right back.  So eventually I went off to see my dentist.

He did some x-rays and determined it was some kind of an abscess.  He showed me the x-ray and this thing had bored a hole horizontally starting from one of my big front teeth all the way through to the hole above my fang.  Apparently, I was lucky as he'd seen people with abscesses going straight up into their cheek bones and stuff.  Anyways, this was all too much for my dentist and he told me I needed an oral surgeon.

Now for the horror story!  I go to this surgeon and he proceeds to shoot me up with novocaine.  Then he takes a scalpel and makes an inch and half long incision along the gumline.  Flips up the gumline to reveal the cavity bored into my bone and gum and begins scraping out the matter.  Eventually he pulls out this fibrous looking thing from all the blood and matter and sends it off for a biopsy.  Then he flipped the gum back down and put some stiches in places I never thought stiches could go and sends me on my way.

So I get home and lay down for awhile and wake up with a sensation like there's a water fountain in my mouth.  The clot from the abscess hole broke loose and blood was pouring out.  So I pretty much bent over the sink for 30 minutes watching pools of blood going down the drain.  It eventually stopped and everything was fine after that.  The biopsy came back negative for anything and they told me the whole thing was probably caused by a previous injury and root canal I had to my front teeth.

So years later I've had no problems since.  There's a nice little scar along the gumline and where the abscess hole was but that's it.  I'd rank the whole ordeal somewhere in the top 5 of my many dental adventures.

impressive like a planter wart in your mouth
its called a canine tooth  BTW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top