Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:05:54 AM EDT
it was a great show and they were determined to get oprah off the air, a task that was just too great for two men.

WTF happened to the show!

I guess adam didn't want to do it without jimmy?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Kimmel got a show not on basic cable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I quit watching when Joe Rogan fucked it up.

Now he's has turned to blabbing while I watch UFC...

Adam and Jimmy were the best hosts ever.

Joe and 'that other guy' acted like semi-angry, mean assholes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Adam and Jimmy were replaced by Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope.  They tried to "youthen" the show's look, I guess hoping to attract a broader section of the 20-40 audience.  The new format sucked, and the show was canceled.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember when they did the kids game, "Hungry, Hungry Oprah's"?

It was "Hungry, Hungry Hippo's", but with Oprah heads and little cheeseburgers instead of marbles.

I think I actually did puke from laughing so hard!

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I quit watching when Joe Rogan fucked it up.

Now he's has turned to blabbing while I watch UFC...

Adam and Jimmy were the best hosts ever.

Joe and 'that other guy' acted like semi-angry, mean assholes.

+1.  The episode where Jimmy and Adam went to Snoop Dog's Green Room was hillarious!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Adam and Jimmy were replaced by Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope.  They tried to "youthen" the show's look, I guess hoping to attract a broader section of the 20-40 audience.  The new format sucked, and the show was canceled.  
Stanhope has talked about it before. He said the material him and Joe had come up with wouldn't fly with Viacom, so they just churned out shit until their contract was up. He said he hated it, and that he understands how other cultures can be afraid of cameras stealing your soul.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It was funny for a while but became the same ole thing.  Kind of like american idol after the first 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Adam and Jimmy getting women to sign a petition to repeal the 19th Amendment because women were "suffering" was a classic.

One woman was very concerned that more ladies were not trying to end the suffering, asked Jimmy why they were the only ones doing it. Jimmy's response was, "Because we care."
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
adam and jimmy came up with some damn good stuff though, pretty original not the same old crap.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WTF happened to the show!

The talent left.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Because Jimmy Kimmel was the only talent, once he got his own MSM show, it was over. Same thing with "Win Ben Stien's Money".

Adam Carolla can fuck up any show he's on, and will certainly do so with the US version of "Top Gear"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top