Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 2:34:13 PM EDT
I was friends with this guy until he took off a while ago. I think he is a OK guy but he burned me by taking some of my stuff, not paying back money the usual shit.

I am trying to think of ways maybe to stay away so I don't have to see him too much. Or maybe people really do change?  I always love hearing about how well he is doing, blah blah yeah sure.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I get messages like that from time to time.  Not that I want to go through the rest of my life bitter, but if I really didn't miss the person all that time why put yourself in a postion to be taken again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd call him up and ask him for your stuff back.  He'll either pay up, or he'll spend all his time avoiding YOU.  Make him do all the work, not you.

Either way, you win.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
the reason its such a bitch is I am friends with his sister, i worked with his brother a while back I did work for his dad back in the day the rest of the family is cool its just him.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure people change, usually for the worse. I would make it a point to see him and ask about things he took and money he owed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Just say No and let it be.

I had a friend I knew for years when I got married I asked if he wanted to be a groomsman.  He was not working and lacking funds to make the trip.  So I paid for this "friend" to fly down,Tux rental, Hotel,transportation, and even a cell-phone.  Anyways long story short a few months later this guy wanted to make some $$$ and had a buyer where he lived for some wireless equipment(which I sold wholesale back then for my own company).  I sent him the products(worth about a grand)and all the sudden I don't hear back from him. A few months later I got a V-Mail that said something to the ring that he had some sort of problem(drugs or something)and this is why he choose to ripped me off.  I never returned his call and haven't looked back since.  I figure I will be saving myself money in the long run.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sure people change, usually for the worse. I would make it a point to see him and ask about things he took and money he owed.
View Quote

I am very tempted the only thing is his sister swears he is a angel his dad and brother realize he burned alot of people.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
It always amazes me how people who pull this kind of thing, think that some time relieves them of their obligation to repay, or give back borrowed items.
If the stuff, & cash mean more than his friendship, ask him for it's return, & put the ball in his court.
Option b is to just avoid him, it shouldn't be to difficult. Just don't lie in order to accomplish this, as it will just end up making you look bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Bite...see if he wants to make things right.  If not...tell him to fuck off and cut your losses.  I have done this a couple times.  Having someone avoid you because they owe you $50 isn't that bad of a deal.

-HS
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
He might just need some more money and so he thought of you first.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish some of these pricks in my life would contact me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I would tell this person to go f'off, and just cut your losses and be done with it. I would also aks where is my money & equipment, then tell'em to f'off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Fill out the paperwork for small claims court, then when you meet him and he talks about how well he's doing, serve him with the papers.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was friends with this guy until he took off a while ago. I think he is a OK guy but he burned me by taking some of my stuff, not paying back money the usual shit.

I am trying to think of ways maybe to stay away so I don't have to see him too much. Or maybe people really do change?  I always love hearing about how well he is doing, blah blah yeah sure.
View Quote

When did you two quit having sex?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bite...see if he wants to make things right.  If not...tell him to fuck off and cut your losses.  I have done this a couple times.  Having someone avoid you because they owe you $50 isn't that bad of a deal.

-HS
View Quote

Amen brother Hillbilly!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't be a trick.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd call him up and ask him for your stuff back.  He'll either pay up, or he'll spend all his time avoiding YOU.  Make him do all the work, not you.

Either way, you win.

View Quote

Bingo. "Hey, while you are home could you drop off my.... that you borrowed"
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#17]
If you loan a guy $40.00 and you never see him again, it's probably a good investment.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
[b]HE[/b] fucked [b]YOU[/b], and God sent him away where he can't do it again. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Act like nothing happend, Take him out get him drunk and then drive him out in the country, and leave him there!!![rofl2]

Then call Johnny Law and tell them you seen a drunk wondering in the road, chances are he will get arrested for public intoxification like my buddy did [rofl2]

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Tell him you'll meet him so he can pay you back for all the crap he stole from you.  I don't see a need to be anything but upfront.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#21]
A)Confront him. Maybe he has gone threw some sort of personal growth and is actually wanting to make amends for the wrongs he's done you in the past.(Which could lead straight to C anyway)
B) Maybe his sister is an "enabler" and he thinks you are a dipshit, and an easy mark so he can just rip you off again.
C) Tell him to dropsuck on your teabag since he ripped you off in the first place. If the family don't like it, they shouldn't have raised such a scumbag in the first place.

I vote A. If he asks for anything, a ride, the time, a glass of water. Toast his ass. He does not come to your house.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He might just need some more money and so he thought of you first.
View Quote
Exactamundo, Cunningham!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
he burned me .
View Quote

Shoot
Shovel
Shaddup
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Cut him loose.
Even if you get your stuff back it ain't worth having to spend any time with him.
Revenge sounds like fun but ain't worth it either.
Move on and to hell with the family that thinks YOU are the badguy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top