Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:42:37 AM EDT
yep the economy seems to be catching up ,top price for a car was 1.6 million last year it was 5 million.and you could tell it got to the autioneers as they were constantly badgering the crowd with "this is a bargain!" and "it should be going for a lot more money"! those hemi cudas were going for HALF what they were getting last year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Big boy toy prices are the first to get hurt when the economy slows down. Last year, the prices were over the top anyways, the people who bought them as an "investment" are going to get slammed and slammed hard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Competition from the upcoming 2009 remake of the Hemi Challenger is driving the prices of the older ones down.

:)

-Gator
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
the shelby mustangs didnt do too bad tho.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Competition from the upcoming 2009 remake of the Hemi Challenger is driving the prices of the older ones down.

-Gator

they sold one of those last nite, i think for over 300,000 g,s
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
It's retarded what the race and funny cars were going for. You can't even build the engine for the prices they fell at. Sure some idiot will pay 300,000 for a Dodge Challenger bone stock that hasn't even rolled off the factory line yet, but they won't pay 100,000 for a champion winning funny car.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's retarded what the race and funny cars were going for. You can't even build the engine for the prices they fell at. Sure some idiot will pay 300,000 for a Dodge Challenger bone stock that hasn't even rolled off the factory line yet, but they won't pay 100,000 for a champion winning funny car.

yea, it cost that much to build an engine.only tony stewarts championship stock car got real money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

-Gator

No way! Completely different cars and buyers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
And the viewership is going to go down if they don't give that stupid Mudstain commercial a break!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And the viewership is going to go down if they don't give that stupid Mudstain commercial a break!

Not only that, but I got bored with all the Shelbys
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The price of opulent and frivolous toys goes down in hard times.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Some were down but just as many were up.

But, I've got withdrawal big time.  I went downstairs for a few minutes and turned the TV on the Speed Channel and BJ wasn't on.  I thought WTF my cable is screwed up.  I thought it was going to be on again until midnight.  I know the Giants and  Packers are on but I'm suffering here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top