Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 4:37:10 PM EDT
http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html
looking at the pcr-16" carbine
anyone got one of these?
olympic states they have a lifetime warranty
has anyone had any experience with these folks?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my Olympic Arms AR 16" used and love it it is a 1995 vintage and was rough when I got it but with the proper cleaning and a new buffer tub,spring and buffer and it is in my opinion a top notch rifle. [uzi]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I put mine together from the kit offered on their web page. It was a total of $528 with lower shipped to my ffl dealer and the upper assembeled and head spaced. Took about an hour to build it and it's a good shooter. Nothing bad to say about it except it has a ravenous appetite.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
With AR's, as well as almost anything, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
mine is a shooter, and a decent one at that. some people complain about oly's, but i think they are overall a quality weapon.

oly owning lib
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've built two and had friends with two others.  They've worked great, no problems.  I think Oly's have been underrated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one that was a bar stock milled Palmetto Armory / OLY that was very used, thrashed would be a better word.
I had OLY remanufacture the lower, I had a 100% complete Clot M4 upper mounted on it, no problems.

I bought a preban forged OLY lower, I bought one of their M4 complete upper kits for it, my only complaint was that the rear sight peep holes were too small. I bought a peep sight from Ashley Outdoors with larger apeture holes.
My OLY eats Wolf, Barnul, PMP, PMC, IMI, UMC...you name it, it shoots it.
Ask Paul, I must of went through 5 or 6 30 round mags doing the bump-shoot thing using Wolf ammo with no problems.

If you do have a problem TALK ON THE PHONE with Tom and Tom only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top