Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/10/2002 8:15:30 PM EDT
Ok i am fuming. Damn these people and their igonrance. I have been registered on another board that has nothing to do with any type of guns. But of course people start talking about the shootings that have been happening in MD. So this one guy posts something that completely has no logic or sense to it. and I scroll down and everyone agrees with him and says "Your predictions about the rifle are quite good, in my opinion." That is coming for an Army guy. Well I had to respond and try to set him straight. Here is what he posted: "This guy has military or law-enforcement training. Sniper rifles are only good in the hands of trained individuals. He wouldn't be using a CAR-15, or AR-15, or any other colt/armalite variant of the SR-9. He's most likely using a .223 remingtion/5.56 NATO bolt-action rifle. If he's smart, he's using 55 gram Federal Sierra Gameking round, at a muzzle velocity of 3240 fps, it's some serious stopping power. Probably a 1:10 or 1:12 twist on the round as well. He'd get a good 1,500 yards out of that round. Following rifles would fit the bill: -Savage 110FP & 10FP LE1 & LE2 Tactical -Remington Model 700 P & LTR -Brown Precision Tactical Elite -Winchester Model 70 Stealth -Sig sauer SG-550 -Philippine MSSR Those are all 5.56 caliber rifles, almost all of them are bolt action. If this guy has ANY training in him, it will be with a bolt action, and that's what he'll be most comfortable with. As I said, he's most likely not going to be using any rifle capable of full-auto operation. Guns of that sort are indicative of a relatively short muzzle, long bore, thus a short distance and fairly low accuracy. m16a2...Maybe. It has a long barrel, and a tighter bore, probably a 1:8th twist. It has some power. And that's chambered for 7.62. But again, this guy would most likely want to stay outside the distance that an m16, or any other armalite/colt variant could offer. He's only relatively smart, however...He's not using a 7.62 (.308 lapua/remington) round. Those are much harder to track, as there are significantly more 7.62 rifles in existence. Of course, the HARDEST bullet to track is a .22 round. But that's another story. Moving on to a little sociology, the tarot card he left declaring that he was god, probably is derived from a schizophrenic superiority episode. Most likely, if he truly thinks he's god, he's going to go as far away from his victims as possible to kill them...Emulating the touch of christ." Yeah as you can see this guy is Brilliant and should be an expert that all the news stations should refer to. your comments please. I need to vent!!! D
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:29:29 PM EDT
what a freaking liberal parrot! he's regurgitating info he's seen/heard somewhere and he's put that 'puzzle' together, but none of the pieces fit properly. IOW, he doesn't know sh!t.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:33:37 PM EDT
WTF is that crap. That person isn't in the Army, if he was he would know the M16A2 is 5.56, not 7.62. Even before you complete basic that is burned into your mind. Anyways didn't he say "He wouldn't be using a CAR-15, or AR-15, or any other colt/armalite variant" cause I always was under the impression thats what the M16 is. I could go off so much more, but this person is DEFINANTLY not in the Army, he probably couldn't even pass the ASVABs.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:35:20 PM EDT
[rolleyes] where do they come up with this shtuff? i suppose he's the kind of guy that likes to hear himself talk too!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:36:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 7IDL: what a freaking liberal parrot! he's regurgitating info he's seen/heard somewhere and he's put that 'puzzle' together, but none of the pieces fit properly. IOW, he doesn't know sh!t.
View Quote
That is exactly what I was thinking. Damn I have only been here for a few days and already I am feelin gso much more enlightened and alert to the threats to our society. -Dis
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:39:18 PM EDT
What I can't get over is all the Sniper hype! "hiding in the trees & waiting for his victim" HELLO!! How many friggin Americans do this evry year when they're deer hunting?????? (or moose or elk etc.) Anyone that is proficient at hunting utilizes the same skills. NOT just snipers! media Morons!
Top Top