Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 11:49:52 AM EDT
im nosy and bored  

whats for dinner??  tonight? tomorrow??

we are having ravioli with italian sausage, garlic bread and caesar salad for dinner tonight  

tomorrow is a shrimp ring cocktail, cornish game hens (its just me and hubby ), smashed red potatoes, stuffing, corn for the main course--french toast and bacon for breakfast--chrismas cookies whenever you want them--i made snickerdoodles and swirl chips  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm boored too; and worn out--

Whine on:  been draggin' my behind to work (sick) and slept till noon today. This is the 3rd weekend, the cold symptoms are draggin on. Not much the MD can do.  
I tried going to the supermarket today, to get 'regular' dinner  fixings, it ain't happening. I'm recovering don't want to get re-exposed,  the lot was crowded and I could see long lines at the stands. So I went to 7-11 for milk and tea, and fast food for dinner... Mr Gwen is working tonight, and I forgot the big supers deliver lol )  Whine off.

AFTER Xmas we may have a traditional dinner :) Soooo --We're having shabu shabu --have the meat sliced and waiting in the freezer...

It is a Japanese dish cooked at the table. I also tuck in a couple of hard cooked (shelled!) eggs in the broth.  At the end if anyone is still hungry, the broth is poured over freshly cooked noodles.  We go in heavy for the sliced meat :) Shabu Shabu sauces too, for dipping the meat...citrus/shoyu and creamy ground sesame.

Here's a similar pic:
http://www.calshabushabu.com/aset.htm  

BTW...breakfast tomorrow is a huge Christmas braided bread  filled with dried fruits and nuts. It's in the oven now :)  Plus Scrambled eggs from our own chickens and bacon :)

I'm looking forward to a healthier new year!

Happy Jesus's birthday!

Gwen

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Our Christmas dinner is going to be on the 31st, but we are having:

Appetizer:

Bacon wrapped scallops & assorted cheeses

Salad/Soup:

Lobster Bisque

Main Course:

Garlic Prime Rib w/ Rosemary Red Skin potatoes and grilled Asparagus

Dessert:

Assorted Pies, coffee and a nip of Irish Whisky
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
prolly a frozen pizza. Tonight: nuked chili and some beef jerkey.

I'd throw a beer or two in there, but i work 12 hour shifts this entire week.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Filet mignon and lobster tail.  Twice-baked potatoes, and I don't what else since I'm only in charge of the those.  Fudge caramel-pecan pie for dessert.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Enchiladas.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top