Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:43:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Shocked face -
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
If the Republicans had any balls (and they don't seem to), they'd make sure that any budget they pass going forward does not fund this agency, to include this guy's salary.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
So are they going to put him in his place, send his new appointment home, or pout and cry about it? They need to put on their skates and body check his ass into the glass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It should go to court.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
"But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

I'm glad at least one branch of the .gov is refusing to act in a way that hurts our economy! Did he actually say this, or is it a typo? Either way, it's hiliarious :)

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
SOUNDS LIEK SOMETHING THAT ROMNEY OR SANTORIUM OR GRINGRICH WOULD DO. RON PAUL WOULD NOT DO THIS !!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SOUNDS LIEK SOMETHING THAT ROMNEY OR SANTORIUM OR GRINGRICH WOULD DO. RON PAUL WOULD NOT DO THIS !!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
THERE are NO REPUBLICANS or Democrats any more

they're all Progressives and are working in tandum and only pretending to be supporting the people,,
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The Democrats pulled the "short Congressional sessions" thing on Bush.

W just went along with it.  What Obama did is very much illegal.

eta:
Priebus, in a conference call with Ohio reporters, said that even Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, has said that "the Senate is not in recess."

Even Harry Reid is on our side.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#11]
That won't happen.  Are you surprised.  It is all a game to these people.  The best we can do is vote all incumbents out
during this election cycle.  Continue it for the next two election cycles and show congress who they work for.

Will we do it?  NO you can't get two people to agree on where to go for lunch let alone get the apathetic public away from their
xBox and Domino's pizza to vote.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#12]
"But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy....I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

So, when Congress refuses to do your bidding and further hurt the economy, you will go it alone?  Really?  Gotta love this idiot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting. Once again The Anointed One says he won't do something and then turns around and does it. This is my surprised face ->
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy....I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

So, when Congress refuses to do your bidding and further hurt the economy, you will go it alone?  Really?  Gotta love this idiot.

Imagine if Congress impeached him, or didn't want him to go to war, or....well, what's the point of Congress?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
THis is the best thing I read on here in a long time.

Quoted:
THERE are NO REPUBLICANS or Democrats any more

they're all Progressives and are working in tandum and only pretending to be supporting the people,,

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#16]
For a man who has made a career out fucking over people on technicalities, he knows full well he's got no standing here. Maybe he's doing the symbolic worthless action to stir up his base move, also makes me wonder what would have happened if his healthcare didn't get passed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Never mind they are all trying to get the WELFARE votes.

Quoted:
That won't happen.  Are you surprised.  It is all a game to these people.  The best we can do is vote all incumbents out
during this election cycle.  Continue it for the next two election cycles and show congress who they work for.

Will we do it?  NO you can't get two people to agree on where to go for lunch let alone get the apathetic public away from their
xBox and Domino's pizza to vote.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If the Republicans had any balls (and they don't seem to), they'd make sure that any budget they pass going forward does not fund this agency, to include this guy's salary.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Democrats pulled the "short Congressional sessions" thing on Bush.

W just went along with it.  What Obama did is very much illegal.

eta:
Priebus, in a conference call with Ohio reporters, said that even Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, has said that "the Senate is not in recess."

Even Harry Reid is on our side.

He's not on our side.  He's just protecting his own power.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#20]
There should be a bill dissolving what Obama just did and smacking him with a repremand/censure.

Then again,I think a high number of Executive Orders are unConstitutional(as they ceate laws..which the President CANNOT DO according to the Constitution) and should be reviewed, as every new order should be.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#21]
No worries. I'm sure our elected republican representatives will fix it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Recess appointments are nothing new.

Bush did the exact same thing with John Bolton.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So what happens if a president is impeached during the summer of an election year?  He's the only one running on the Democratic primary.  Would the Republican go unchallenged, much like 0 did to get into the Senate?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's what Judge Nap said on Fox about an hour ago. He said they won't do anyhting but the Dems may regret it when they're not in the WH anymore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is more of a Congress vs. President issue, since both houses of Congress are claiming they are not in recess while the President says they are.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what Judge Nap said on Fox about an hour ago. He said they won't do anyhting but the Dems may regret it when they're not in the WH anymore.

Every Democrat screamed about the potential for abuse of the Patriot Act . . . until Obama was sworn in.

No politician admits that the new thing they are doing is explicity to garner more power, in violation of the Constitution or not, acting as though the other party will never have control of it.  When the Democrats lose power they will start whining and crying about the abuses of this agency.

Guarantee it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Just the beginning... he will bypass congress the rest of his term.

supreme ruler is supreme ruler

IMPEACH OBAMA
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is more of a Congress vs. President issue, since both houses of Congress are claiming they are not in recess while the President says they are.

And if anyone knows about recess it's the guy on vacation in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Except Congress isn't in recess right now. It's in a Pro Forma session.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#30]
But but but Congress is NOT in recess.

TickerForum
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#31]
The President violating the law and the Constitution? Unheard of!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#32]
"Every day that Richard waits to be confirmed is another day when millions of Americans are left unprotected," the president will say. "Without a director in place, the consumer watchdog agency we've set up is left without the tools it needs to prevent dishonest mortgage brokers, payday lenders and debt collectors from taking advantage of consumers. That's inexcusable. It's wrong. And I refuse to take 'no' for an answer.

Think that Richard will help one single person his first day, much less his first week?!?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No worries. I'm sure our elected republican representatives will fix it whine briefly to appeal to their consituents then go back to enriching themselves and securing their place at the table.

Fixed

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Every day that Richard waits to be confirmed is another day when millions of Americans are left unprotected," the president will say. "Without a director in place, the consumer watchdog agency we've set up is left without the tools it needs to prevent dishonest mortgage brokers, payday lenders and debt collectors from taking advantage of consumers. That's inexcusable. It's wrong. And I refuse to take 'no' for an answer.

Think that Richard will help one single person his first day, much less his first week?!?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

He's going to stop people being drug at gunpoint to payday lenders.  This is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Recess appointments have been The SOP for this administration.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Any many here would take 4 more years of our current President over Romney

Free
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Free

tthe new boss being a whiter gop version of the old boss is bad, mmkay?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The ones who are picking the guy who got beat by the guy who got beat by Obama, to run against Obama?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Free

Well, you could argue that Romney won't just do his own fucking up...

But he certainly won't try to repeal oblamacare, and I'll bet the fallout from that going fully into effect...

Along with all of the other oblama fallout, will blow back onto the Republicans.

I'd rather see oblama eat his own shit sandwich.

I guess Santorum is going to be my candidate now by default.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free

But he certainly won't try to repeal oblamacare, and I'll bet the fallout from that going fully into effect...

Along with all of the other oblama fallout, will blow back onto the Republicans.

this is an important point. If a republican gets in the WH and doesn't rollback obamacare and other obama acts, then the country will be in even worse shape than it already is. THIS WAS INTENDED!! That's why obamacare does not fully implement until after obamas first term.

the result is even more progressiveness. If a candidate doesn't have the balls to criticize obama, then I won't vote for them.

It's dole/mccain all over again.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#41]
All this circle jerking about Presidential nominations and Presidential elections when we need to be locking down the house, the senate, and our local offices.

Rope-a-Dope!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Just the beginning... he will bypass congress the rest of his term.

supreme ruler is supreme ruler

Not sure how seriously you meant that, but he just made an additional three appointments. This time, for the NLRB.

A busy day for the supreme ruler, indeed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free

this is an important point. If a republican gets in the WH and doesn't rollback obamacare and other obama acts, then the country will be in even worse shape than it already is. THIS WAS INTENDED!! That's why obamacare does not fully implement until after obamas first term.

QFT
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#44]
US Constitution

Article II

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the
Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several
States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may
require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of
the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of
their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and
Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of
Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and
Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the
Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the
Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other
public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other
Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein
otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the
Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as
they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in
the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all
Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting
Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

QFT

For the country, and for the SCOTUS, we need to rally behind Other Than Romney...

And it appears the OTR this go around is gonna be Santorum.
Romney might as well be McCain, hell he's most likely worse.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Except the Senate has to be in recess for 3 days, and it was not.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Remember all the purse swinging in the NDAA threads?

Yeah, I feel a lot better about this gov't now.  They really do have our best interests at heart.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have to correct my own post.  Apparently this position is funded by the Federal Reserve and not funds appropriated by congress, which is one of the Republican's major issues with it.  Imagine that.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them."

I'm glad at least one branch of the .gov is refusing to act in a way that hurts our economy! Did he actually say this, or is it a typo? Either way, it's hiliarious :)

He said it, I heard the quote.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This. Jesus ARFCOMers have short memories.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top