Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 1:06:09 PM EDT
Anyone try these and like them?
Ebay has them for around $150.

I'm looking for new light boots to replace my bates.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:06:54 PM EDT
Aren't those banned??  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:10:30 PM EDT
ANYTHING with the word ASSAULT in it should be banned!  If anything there should be a waiting period and background check required prior to purchase.  Brandishing them in public should be a criminal offense!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:22:06 PM EDT
what about belleville 700's?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:29:11 PM EDT
They are hot and they wear out quickly... The madie in the USA version are better, but they are issue only. Most of the stuff on e-bay is the made in China/Civvy version.
I like the Danner Agitators and the new/not so new USMC temperate boots, Bellville. I got a pair of Bellville 800's (?) that I love. They are all leather and black, no longer made.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:30:40 PM EDT
They are some sweet boots.  No experince what so ever...but I want a pair!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 1:42:01 PM EDT by txgp17]

OAKLEY SI ASSAULT BOOT
The United States military teamed with Oakley to invent an assault boot specifically for the U.S. Elite Special Forces. Available now for civilian use, this military hardware exceeds the combat performance profile for durability, comfort and protection.

Engineered with a lightweight athletic design, the Elite Special Forces Standard-Issue Assault Boot is braced by an over-the-ankle boot shaft and shielded by abrasion resistant panels on soft top-grain leather.

Comprehensive moisture control maximizes comfort.

Advanced polymer EVA and premium urethane offer resilient shock absorption.

High-NBS vulcanized rubber maintains traction over a full range of terrain.

It's a fucking sneaker, not a boot.  Sneakers are held together with glue, boots are sewn.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:39:35 PM EDT
I have black ones, and as stated they are hot!  They are relatively comfortable, but they SUCK in wet weather, any moisture on a surface such as asphalt or concrete, and you can slide like you are on skis!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:43:29 PM EDT
I have apair of the black ones and love them. Very comfortable. If you have any LEO friends they can order them from Oakley for you for about $90 dollars
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:47:33 PM EDT
They don't make them in men's my size. I wear a 16.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:49:10 PM EDT

It's a fucking sneaker, not a boot. Sneakers are held together with glue, boots are sewn.

So.................they look cool, kinda like hanging all kinds of shit off of an AR.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:54:35 PM EDT
They are a good boot.  I got issued mine about 10 months ago and I wear them almost everyday at work.  They aren't great in the woods but if you are road marching or CQB there great.  It's a good purchase.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:56:21 PM EDT
get a pair of  http://www.magnumboots.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:02:46 PM EDT
I had 2 pairs of magnums but the eyelets kept ripping out of them.

Anyone think the rocky alpha force waterproof boots are better then the oakleys?
Im a pavement pounder so woods/dirt really arent an issue with boots.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:19:07 PM EDT
Danner

I prefer the Ft. Lewis but many like the Acadia.

Also, the new 5.11 boots are due to hit stores any day now, and are said...mostly by people who will be selling them, I must admit...to be both better and less expensive than the Oakleys. I will try a pair of the 5.11s but I am a Danner fan from way, wayyyyyy back...when you had to dye them black...and that is many years ago.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:20:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911greg:
what about belleville 700's?

Thats what I have. They are comfortable durable and waterproof.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:37:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 5:39:44 PM EDT by faris]
Those are cute, but what the REAL Special Forces are using are Hanwag boots.

The ODA guys who went to Afghanistan to bring down the Taliban discovered them, and that's what their all wearing now.

According to Special Forces, you don't even really have to break them in, they'll mould to your feet in one afternoon wearing them around the house.

www.hanwag.co.uk/acatalog/boot_care.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:15:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By faris:

Shhhhh! Nobody told these guys yet.

Large picture of Oakley boots in use by someone who knows what "real" special operations type guys are using:Oakley boots in use.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 8:17:44 PM EDT by joker581]
Double post.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:20:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By txgp17:
 It's a fucking sneaker, not a boot.  Sneakers are held together with glue, boots are sewn.

Hear hear!  Wtf is the world coming to when a JBT can't get a REAL JACKBOOT. With hobnails.

I'm f'in serious. I wan't a REAL boot I can crush skulls with, not this lightweight horseshit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 9:03:07 PM EDT by SSeric02]

Large picture of Oakley boots in use by someone who knows what "real" special operations type guys are using:Oakley boots in use.

You mean, they wear the issued boots or something aimilar that isn't $200 because they know they'll wear them out in no time flat?

Good reality check.  Thanks!

Edited to point out that the majority of the Marines in the picture are wearing issue USMC boots.  One is wearing old black Bates jungleboots, and two appear to be wearing the Oakleys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:48:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By joker581:

Originally Posted By faris:

Additionally, it seems worth pointing out that the Oakley boots are assault boots. They aren't meant for running around the mountains and such. They are designed with a specific purpose in mind, and by many accounts, they do very well. I'm not trying to step on your dick here, but in the future, you may want to do a little research before you start acting like you know more than everyone else.
Top Top