Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
I am going to be buying a glock 17 and was wanting to know what factory night site options there are out there. If there are choices which one should I get. Are they threaded on or stacked on (which is better). I would like to get one that has fixed night sites (is this possible?). It would be really cool if I could get two different colors (front site one color rear site another color). How long do night sites last. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My choice would be Heinie Slant Pro sights.  

G
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
OK are these sites ones that come from the factory that are already on the gun?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The front sight for a Glock will be attached via a 3/16 screw (you need either a thin-walled socket, or a special sight tool for Glocks to install it), while the rear is installed with either a sight pusher, or  (as I did) simply tap it in using a nylon hammer. The factory front night sight is staked on, however. Meprolight offers different colored sights front & rear; wether or not other makers do also, I don't know. Here's what my Trijicons look like (NO, the front sight isn't crooked, and YES, I know the rear sight is drifted to the right). I have read comments that the Meprolight sights are a little brighter than the Trijicons, but can't speak from personal experience on this. Trijicon warranties their sights for 12 years.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]

You need to pick the front sight out of the 3 dots though
This is a pretty good point, I have to admit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The front sight for a Glock will be attached via a 3/16 screw (you need either a thin-walled socket, or a special sight tool for Glocks to install it), while the rear is installed with either a sight pusher, or  (as I did) simply tap it in using a nylon hammer.

I used a sight tool for Glocks that I got at Brownell's.  It's a bit for the magnatip screwdriver set, but it will fit in a Black and Decker or any other common replacable tip screwdriver.

I used the sight pusher on the rear sight like you did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I put Mepros on my G19.  I like them alot.  They are very bright, have an equal or better warranty than Trijicon, and they cost less.

My front sight dot is green, and my rear sight dots are yellow.  Green is the brightest color on a night site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top