Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2016 1:22:16 PM EST
I was supposed to go out to train today but the weather coming in from the GOM wasn't cooperating.

Forecast period:1100 to 1800 UTC 18 December 2016
Forecast type:FROM: standard forecast or significant change
Winds:from the SW (220 degrees) at 8 MPH (7 knots; 3.6 m/s)
Visibility:3 miles (5 km)
Ceiling:800 feet AGL
Clouds:overcast cloud deck at 800 feet AGL
Weather:BR VCTS (mist, thunderstorm in vicinity)
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:29:37 PM EST
Here's a little better one....

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:34:29 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/starscr34m/vncgncg_zpsbfnpn2up.jpg
View Quote

Clear (basically), Calm, and -18*C, you should have a heck of a performer on your hands.....IF YOU CAN STAND THE COLD!!!!

The other day I "LIED" to the passengers. Going from Washington DC to Minneapolis, at 6:30 am in DC, the temp in MSP was -18*C. I converted that to "F" (appx 0*F), and said that it would "WARM UP" by the time we got there....

Just remember it's coldest right before dawn, and when we landed it was -22*C......BRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:54:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By helogene:

Clear (basically), Calm, and -18*C, you should have a heck of a performer on your hands.....IF YOU CAN STAND THE COLD!!!!

The other day I "LIED" to the passengers. Going from Washington DC to Minneapolis, at 6:30 am in DC, the temp in MSP was -18*C. I converted that to "F" (appx 0*F), and said that it would "WARM UP" by the time we got there....

Just remember it's coldest right before dawn, and when we landed it was -22*C......BRRRRRRRR
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/starscr34m/vncgncg_zpsbfnpn2up.jpg

-18....wow no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:56:35 PM EST
Minus the thunderstorms that's Alaska VFR.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:59:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/18/2016 12:01:05 AM EST by Star_Scream]

View Quote

That's what I'm saying, good clouds, very clear and you'll be the only guy beating up the pattern (likely not at DEN, but I bet APA won't be as crazy)
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:18:43 AM EST
This was last year....but F that.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:12:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:
This was last year....but F that.
View Quote

Do you bring a heated blanket in the cockpit with you?

That looks cold as hell.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:42:08 AM EST
with wind chill it was -40...the temp where F and C meet. Came from south FL to that...talk about wreaking havoc on your sinus'
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:
with wind chill it was -40...the temp where F and C meet. Came from south FL to that...talk about wreaking havoc on your sinus'
View Quote

damn....that sucks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:07:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/19/2016 11:11:20 AM EST by a555]
Do not fuck around in IMC knowingly with thunderstorms in the vicinity. Went through a buildup in IMC where there was no forecast or radar imagery for convective activity. And I didn't see any on my way to where I was going. It was terrifying.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By a555:
I do not fuck around in IMC with thunderstorms in the vicinity.
View Quote

I am not sure why they had that in the metar, we didn't have any storms until the next day.

But...I agree with you...doesn't seem like a good idea.

We did get a bunch of PIREPs from the Helo guys flying in/out.....they said above the deck it was wonderful, but socked in everywhere else besides on top the air port.
Top Top