Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2004 4:05:14 AM EST
All right I finally broke down and got a dvd burner but now I can't do what I want with it. I would like to burn copies of games and dvd's for when I go to the field so I don't risk trashing the originals. I thought the NERO I got with the burner would allow me to do this but it still won't get past the copyright. I was pretty sure there were legal copy programs that would get past the copyright and thought NERO was one of them. Anybody got any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 4:35:28 AM EST
You need DVD X-Copy Platinum. I bought it and it works 100%. It's not cheap but bypass all copy protection. $149.00 but you can get it here: www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=661466 for $77.00 this is where I got it from. I have many back ups for the camper and the kids. Cheaper than buying new movies if they scratch them.
The MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) has won a lawsuit banning all future sales of this product. Once they are gone that's all she wrote.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:01:24 PM EST
DVDXCopy company is out of business and too expensive. Go to Afterdawn.com and get DVDShrink. It is a small free progam. It has CSS decryption and with Nero you will be able to do what you want and save yourself $150.00 from not buying a program from a company that was shut down and which you would have to download a decrypter from Afterdawn anyway as the program is sold without a ripper in the latest versions. DVD shrink is free.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 3:20:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mak:
DVDXCopy company is out of business and too expensive. Go to Afterdawn.com and get DVDShrink. It is a small free progam. It has CSS decryption and with Nero you will be able to do what you want and save yourself $150.00 from not buying a program from a company that was shut down and which you would have to download a decrypter from Afterdawn anyway as the program is sold without a ripper in the latest versions. DVD shrink is free.

Sweet. I am ALWAYS open to new programs. And FREE is my favorite price!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:00:24 AM EST
You also can get DVD Decrypter at afterdawn.com which when DVD Shrink is used to rip in the ISO mode will integrate automatically with DVD Decrypter and work as one program to both rip and write the image to DVD without the use of a burning program like Nero. DVD Decrypter ripping and burning program in itself but it will not shrink the movies to 4.7 GB and that is why DVD Shrink is needed.

If you have Nero 6 it has Nero Recode in it which is actually a program written by the programer who developed DVD Shrink. It can be used to shrink and write DVDs if you use a ripper first or are running AnyDVD or DVD43 on your computer. DVD43 is a freeware utility that works in the background to remove CSS encryption.

DVD43

To use DVD43 you must first install the patin couffin driver.

DVD Shrink

DVD Decrypter
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:41:30 PM EST
I use dvd shrink all the time, it Rocks!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:48:14 AM EST
agreed, dvd x copy sucks in that: it is too expensive, the new version has been castrated by the riaa (or someother fascist organization), it never did copy all dvds correctly (e.g. die another day), and puts that idiotic 'this is a pirated dvd' warning on every copy it makes.

dvd shrink --> imgtool --> dvd decrypter is the way to go, all (legally) free. you may want to check out www.doom9.org, they have all the links and lots of great step by step guides.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:47:27 AM EST
i have personally used most of the dvd backup programs available and i must say that dvdshrink with nero is hard to beat. works like a charm :)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:24:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 12:25:43 PM EST by Mordak]
After some time to fiddle with them, I am ONLY using DVD Shrink with Nero or DVD Decrypter. I like the interface on DVD Decrypter a little better it's a little bit slower than DVD XCopy but as mentioned above, no pirated copy nag screen when you play the dvd. Plus with the pirated/backup copy you couldn't make another copy from your copy, now I can. BWWWAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:25:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 12:26:08 PM EST by Mordak]
Oops dupe sorry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:14:27 AM EST
Btt.

I dont want this info to die yet
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:28:19 AM EST
Are you guys burning -R or +R? Which standard is in front?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:21:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By cobra-ak:

pretty much a tie on whats standard now that almost every new burner can do both.

I use -r's only becouse they go on sale more often on the site i order from.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:44:01 PM EST
Maybe I am hoping for one standard to take hold are they both compatible everywhere?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:46:07 PM EST
I use DVDXcopy here. What else copies around the same speed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:14:27 AM EST
I would have to say that "DVD -" will be come the standred. I see those on sale alot more. All player 's seem to be able to play them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:44:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:
I use DVDXcopy here. What else copies around the same speed.

dvdshrink w/ nero. excellent programs :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:46:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By cyrax777:

Originally Posted By cobra-ak:

pretty much a tie on whats standard now that almost every new burner can do both.

I use -r's only becouse they go on sale more often on the site i order from.

i use the -r's most of the time because my home dvd player has no probs with them, the +r's seem to give a bit of a problem. it is usually upto what your home equipment will work better with. as stated earlier, most dvd burnes can burn either +r or -r.
Top Top