Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2002 9:29:23 AM EDT
I gave up smoking after 14 years of bad habit.  I imagine there are others here in the same boat.  Good luck to us all!
Its %$#%’in hard!
I have made it since the new years.  Its getting harder.
The real test or the hardest point so-far was yesterday afternoon and into the evening when I put new brakes on my car in my friend’s shop. A POS car, some wrenching and a few beers made the craving almost unbearable. The worst was when another friend stopped over and kept smoking in front of me. I had to run to Walgreen’s to buy a box of that nicotine gum.
I think the Nicorette gum helped, I didn’t break down. However, I had 8 pieces in a few hours. I also picked up a box of patches but have not tried them out yet.  
I haven’t been to a Pub, Tavern or Club as a non-smoker yet.  That’ll be difficult!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I quit smoking about 5 years ago.  I used the patches.  Worked like a charm.  The gum always made me sick.

One of the hardest things is to break association.  Take a sip of coffee and your instinct is to light up.  And what smoker can drink a beer without lighting up once or twice.  Breaking the mental associations is almost as hard as not smoking itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top