Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2001 11:37:32 AM EDT
Saw a New HK sub-gun model UMP Saturday at the range(PRADO in Chino). It was a .40 S&W caliber.
Westminster Police Dept were there getting familar with their new weapon.
In talking to the LEO it came up that the DEPT paid $700 for it.
Nice guy to talk to, but he would not allow me to shoot it.
I think we should all have one of those. Sure was nice!
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The UMP has been out for some time now. The civilian model is the HK USC, but not nearly as nice. I'm sure you've seen it, light grey in color, thumbhole stock, and 10 round mag.

It was designed to make 2 things available to LEO's. One, a sub-gun in .45. The second was to produce a more affordable sub-gun than the MP5 series. Also, it's the first mostly polymer HK sub-gun.

I think the UMP is a sweet gun. Love to have one, and who says they aren't as nice as the MP5's? They look great to me....
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1242673&a=9213640&p=29967605[/img]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I'd pay $800 for right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top