Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2013 7:25:54 AM EDT
ive had crooked teeth for a long time, and my parents never took me to get braces when i was a kid, when i was young it was great, now that im older i wish i would have gotten braces.

i have no insurance through my company because they haven't placed me on full time status and until then i cant get the company dental insurance. and so i have to get my own. i went shopping around and have no idea what im looking for. i was wanting to know what is a good dental insurance that will cover my wisdom teeth removal and my braces.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try healthcare.gov....
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could try healthcare.gov....
View Quote

they might tell me that i dont have enough teeth and that i will have to add an extra jaw or i will have a tax penalty
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Any insurance that will pay to fix your teeth will be ungodly expensive, if you can even find it.

What you need to look into is finding a dentist and orthodontist who will take payments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wisdom teeth can sometimes be done under normal medical insurance.  Depends on if they are impacted or not.  I know of no insurance that covers braces.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I would look carefully at orthodontists who will let you pay it out.  A lot of dental coverage will require you to hole the policy a few years before or after orthodontic work.  And then they only pay a fraction of the cost, like 1k-2.5k.  At least in my area that is the case.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not just pay outright?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wisdom teeth can sometimes be done under normal medical insurance.  Depends on if they are impacted or not.  I know of no insurance that covers braces.
View Quote

My dad was in the linemans union when I was a kid and he had 100% on dental and orthodontics. I had braces and it covered the whole cost.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#8]
You are an adult.  What you have is a "pre-existing condition".  Insurance doesn't cover it.

Kinda like shopping for car insurance after you wreck your car.

Your best bet is to hang out i n bars and snag a sugar daddy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Just drop Obama a note. He'll set you up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not just pay outright?
View Quote

i figured it would cost more since i would have to pay for xrays and cleanings and what not.. if i could find a doctor that would set up some king of payment plan i would look into that, but upfront i would cost me $500 just to be told what i already know..
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You are an adult.  What you have is a "pre-existing condition".  Insurance doesn't cover it.

Kinda like shopping for car insurance after you wreck your car.

Your best bet is to hang out i n bars and snag a sugar daddy.
View Quote

what per-existing condition,, healthy teeth,,,

if that was the case then dental insurance through my company would be a waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Just shop around, I called a few dentists last time I needed fillings and told them I would be paying cash and just wanted a check up and an estimate for the follow up.

I paid $80 for a cleaning and check up and then another $100 a week later for 4 cavities, it was a steal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just drop Obama a note. He'll set you up.
View Quote

and send him a picture of me in my hoodie... "if i had a son with a hispanic woman and somehow this Hispanic woman was actually cheating on me with some other Hispanic man which in turn was the actual person to impregnate her and i never caught on,, he would look like evil applesauce."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top