Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2013 6:25:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2013 6:26:11 AM EST by EvilApplesauce]
ive had crooked teeth for a long time, and my parents never took me to get braces when i was a kid, when i was young it was great, now that im older i wish i would have gotten braces.

i have no insurance through my company because they haven't placed me on full time status and until then i cant get the company dental insurance. and so i have to get my own. i went shopping around and have no idea what im looking for. i was wanting to know what is a good dental insurance that will cover my wisdom teeth removal and my braces.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:27:25 AM EST
You could try healthcare.gov....
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:35:07 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kopterdoctor:
You could try healthcare.gov....
View Quote

they might tell me that i dont have enough teeth and that i will have to add an extra jaw or i will have a tax penalty
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:01:38 AM EST
Any insurance that will pay to fix your teeth will be ungodly expensive, if you can even find it.

What you need to look into is finding a dentist and orthodontist who will take payments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:05:47 AM EST
Wisdom teeth can sometimes be done under normal medical insurance. Depends on if they are impacted or not. I know of no insurance that covers braces.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:24:41 AM EST
I would look carefully at orthodontists who will let you pay it out. A lot of dental coverage will require you to hole the policy a few years before or after orthodontic work. And then they only pay a fraction of the cost, like 1k-2.5k. At least in my area that is the case.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:25:18 AM EST
Why not just pay outright?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:26:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Wisdom teeth can sometimes be done under normal medical insurance. Depends on if they are impacted or not. I know of no insurance that covers braces.
View Quote

My dad was in the linemans union when I was a kid and he had 100% on dental and orthodontics. I had braces and it covered the whole cost.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:31:48 AM EST
You are an adult. What you have is a "pre-existing condition". Insurance doesn't cover it.

Kinda like shopping for car insurance after you wreck your car.

Your best bet is to hang out i n bars and snag a sugar daddy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:32:55 AM EST

Just drop Obama a note. He'll set you up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:37:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Why not just pay outright?
View Quote

i figured it would cost more since i would have to pay for xrays and cleanings and what not.. if i could find a doctor that would set up some king of payment plan i would look into that, but upfront i would cost me $500 just to be told what i already know..
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:38:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By ar2de:
You are an adult. What you have is a "pre-existing condition". Insurance doesn't cover it.

Kinda like shopping for car insurance after you wreck your car.

Your best bet is to hang out i n bars and snag a sugar daddy.
View Quote

what per-existing condition,, healthy teeth,,,

if that was the case then dental insurance through my company would be a waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:39:32 AM EST
Just shop around, I called a few dentists last time I needed fillings and told them I would be paying cash and just wanted a check up and an estimate for the follow up.

I paid $80 for a cleaning and check up and then another $100 a week later for 4 cavities, it was a steal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:41:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By FreeBear:

Just drop Obama a note. He'll set you up.
View Quote

and send him a picture of me in my hoodie... "if i had a son with a hispanic woman and somehow this Hispanic woman was actually cheating on me with some other Hispanic man which in turn was the actual person to impregnate her and i never caught on,, he would look like evil applesauce."
Top Top