Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 9:23:02 AM EDT
I got an Arduino Uno micro controller kit for my birthday. It didn't come with a power supply. It's rated to take a power supply between 5 and 12 volts.
I have the following power supplies that could work, need to figure out which one would be best:

5.1v @2.4 A
12V @500 ma
5V@1500 ma
5V @ 1A

I'm thinking that 5.1V @2.4A would be best because as I add daughter boards and stuff to run off the Arduino power, more amps is better.  Is my thinking correct? I'm new to the hardware game, much more comfortable in the software side of the equation.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That's what I would pick.  No real downside to having a supply with a little extra capacity, and probably less heat stress on the on-board regulator if you are at the lower end of the acceptable voltage scale.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
cool!

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top