Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/27/2012 6:26:36 PM EDT
I'm looking for a camera that's easy to carry around, i was thinking a mirror-less camera. i would like something i can take with me when i go out. something that would shoot well in low light situations. i have a COOLPIX AW100 and it worked while we where at concerts , around the pool, and and at bonfires where i needed something durable. but now I'm looking for something a little more high quality. im not sure to get a better point n shoot or mirror-less , a dslr is just to big for easy carry.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:27:28 AM EDT
What's your budget?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:36:40 AM EDT
prolly $500 or $600 tops
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:14:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 8:18:22 AM EDT by 501st]
Originally Posted By sd-dude:
I'm looking for a camera that's easy to carry around, i was thinking a mirror-less camera. i would like something i can take with me when i go out. something that would shoot well in low light situations. i have a COOLPIX AW100 and it worked while we where at concerts , around the pool, and and at bonfires where i needed something durable. but now I'm looking for something a little more high quality. im not sure to get a better point n shoot or mirror-less , a dslr is just to big for easy carry.

Canon G15

$500-$600 restricts your mirror less options (at least with a decent lens) (like the sony nex line).

The G15 is a great all around camera that is very capable, and yet still fairly portable.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/889961-REG/Canon_PowerShot_G15_Digital_Camera.html

Now if you want the best image quality possible in a compact point and shoot camera then the sony rx100 is the top choice. But it goes for around $650.

It is up for you to decide if the G15 does what you need it to do or if you need a camera with a larger image sensor.
Top Top