Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 8:45:02 PM EDT
I got shoot in the leg about 4 months ago and i still limp a little and i need to know is there anyway to get rid of the limp excerising? or anything because i want to get into the army. And before anyone asks no i didnt shoot myself an ex friednd of mine was with me shooting when he was loading his gun he pulled the slide back on his.45 with his finger on the trigger and shot me while i was talking to someone about 10 yards away it went right through my leg above the knee through about 8 inches of flesh before exiting the back of my leg
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch... Left a mark... did it?

If you were a Refrigerator... I could fix ya. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouchy.

PT=Physical Therapy, as in, go get in a program, with a trainer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it break any bones?

I got shot in the leg and didn't walk for over a year, so be glad you can walk after 4 months.

I don't have a limp today.

GSW's take a long time to heal.  It ain't like the movies.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
i dont have money for physical therapy right now and no it missed all the bones i dont see how though but it was a goddamn miracle and i learned a lesson dont shoot with idiots
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you at least beat the shit out of him?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did it break any bones?

I got shot in the leg and didn't walk for over a year, so be glad you can walk after 4 months.

I don't have a limp today.

GSW's take a long time to heal.  It ain't like the movies.

I probably shouldnt have started walking but i was so pissed at not being able to walk i got up and decided f*ck the cruches i aint doing that shit so about 3 weeks after i was shoot i started walking again
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i dont have money for physical therapy right now and no it missed all the bones i dont see how though but it was a goddamn miracle and i learned a lesson dont shoot with idiots

Yup--and sorry to hear it.  Occasionally we get guys who are pissed or put out because we are safety nazi's at AR15.com shoots.  We do not want to have someone end up injured--or worse--at one of our shoots.  

I'm glad you're mostly okay.  Obviously it could have been MUCH worse.  

I'd exercise as the leg allowed--build (or rebuild) muscle.  I'm not knowledgeable about such things, so it may not be good advice.  Best wishes.  

the funny thing is before we started shooting i went over everything with him and i even corrected him for pointing the gun at me than that  happends needless to say he doesnt shoot with or talk to me anymore
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I busted up my left leg pretty badly when I was in my 20s , ended up with plates and screws in the repair . The leg was weak for 18 months even with Physical therapy . Then about ten years after that I popped the ACL in that knee and tore the cartilage . The Dr that did that surgery said it was a result of the therapy/Exercise from the previous injury , and that I'm probably looking at total knee replacement in the next 10 years

So I guess my advice is .......... Don't push it too hard trying to get it back 100%
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
i havent pushed it to hard yet but its starting to piss me off the nerve has been damged and its making my left foot all sensitive right now i cant even walk without shoes on no matter how tiny something is if i step on it it hurts like someone hit me in the foot with a sledgehammer
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]
so, didja cap his ass there at the range, or wait till later?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
no i gave em a pass for being a retard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top