Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 6:28:08 AM EDT
I havn't worn a watch in years, simply because I don't like crap attached to my body, I just find it annoying. When I need the time, I check my cell phone like a pocket watch. But for an upcoming job I will need a watch because I won't be able to have my cell phone with me. So what is a good digital watch that is small, flat, and comfortable to wear?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The ONLY digital watch I'd own would be a Casio G-Shock.

But, they're not small or flat....just real tough.

Analog watches always are more appealing to me....by a long shot...but that's me.

If you're looking for a small, flat digital, there really is not a great range of quality....almost are as good as the next....just a matter of a face and a band you like. The workings are very simple, inexpensive and almost identical for basic digital watches.

Quality comes in the form of analog watches, not digital...with the possible exception, on some level, for the G-Shock. Digital work fine for the most part, it's just that they're almost disposable in terms of over all quality.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I already have a fancy saiko kinetic watch that I use for dress. I just want a functional watch that won't feel like a big hunk of plastic on my wrist.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I already have a fancy saiko kinetic watch that I use for dress. I just want a functional watch that won't feel like a big hunk of plastic on my wrist.

Then why digital?

Check out Overstock

They have a GREAT selection of watches at really good prices. I love Overstock. Great service, prices and selection. You'll find something to your liking there for sure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't read analog watches that fast , especially in low light.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Gshock 2688 Solar +atomic $59.00 at costco

best digital ever!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can't read analog watches that fast , especially in low light.

A quick search on Overstock pulled this one up...might be a decent choice? Doesn't look like the typical cheap-o digitals.

Large rectangular digital display with time, day, and date
Black nylon resin casing with silver accents
Stainless steel caseback
Chrono/alarm/timer
Water resistant to 100 meters
Indiglo night-light
Brown leather strap
Tang buckle
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Timex Indiglo Expandable Stainless Watch

Only $20 and classy enough for the office.  PS I'm a Seiko fan too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
G Shock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Gshock
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
G-Shock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
G Shock.

Quoted:
.....So what is a good digital watch that is small, flat, and comfortable to wear?

Not small...or flat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Timex Ironman.  $30 at walmart.  $25 at the PX
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Timex Ironman.  $30 at walmart.  $25 at the PX

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top